Advancing People are on behalf of an award-wining company located on the outskirts of Bedford, they supply a wide range of products to some of the UK's most prestigous brands.
They are looking for a Procurement/Purchasing Executive to join their team. Reporting directly to the Commerical Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for all of the purchasing of stock products, compliance, keeping up to date with factory certification and accreditation. This varied role and will incude quoting of all new customers who require a customised product and will play an active role in the development of new products and services for the business.Primary responsibilities
- Procure products for customers, getting best value for money whilst maintaining profit margins
- Identify and develop new products working closely with the Business Development team
- Quote all new customers who require customised products
- Research and source new suppliers who meet the company's quality standards
- Identify trends, research customers and collate feedback in order to develop a business case for new products and services for the business
- Source products ensuring best value, whilst maintaining the company's target profit margin
- Prepare and send competitive quotations to the customer for consideration
- Act as a key specialist in product development, providing information and answering questions regarding product development both internally and externally
- Develop effective relationships with suppliers and customers to ensure long-term support and maximise profitability
- Making sure that suppliers are striving to ensure that they provide acceptable product quality
- Make product recommendations to Business Development team for future products based on customer feedback
- Update and maintain databases and internal systems
- Previous procurement/purchasing experience
- Fluent communicator
- Strong negotiator
- Relationship builder
- Customer focused
- Strong analytical skills
- Highly self motivated
- Open to fast paced change being adaptive to new and evolving situations
- The ability to handle pressure and meet targets and deadlines
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- IT literate - MS Office
- Excellent numeracy and literacy levels
- Own transport is essential due to their location
In return our client is offering a salary in the region to £28,000 per annum plus company benefits.
Apply Now in complete confidence for the opportunity to meet with my client or contact Lesley Fulton at Advancing People directly for more information.
Advancing People Recruitment Specialists Advancing People Ltd is an Equal Opportunities Employer and acts as both an Employment Business and Employment Agency.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job