On behalf of our global client, Procure Recruitment Group are searching for an enthusiastic, motivated and skilled procurement officer, with experience within civil engineering to join our client at their Teesside headquarters.
Reporting to the Procurement Manager, the successful candidate will be assisting with Procurement duties on a day-to-day basis, from general administration duties, through to supplier management, contract negotiation and full project based procurement.
The main duties of the role include:
• Being responsible for reviewing purchase requisitions, controlling the issue of purchase orders, tender management, vendor maintenance, supplier contract management and negotiation of costs to ensure excellent value for money solutions.
• Responsible for maintaining communication with all departments, building and keeping supplier relationships, ensuring goods and services are delivered efficiently whilst ensuring that logistics costs are minimised.
• Be extremely responsive to acting on requests/ chasing information.
• Assist the Procurement Manager with procurement and query resolution.
• Communicate and provide information by relevant methods internally and externally, to assist and enable organisational operations and effective service between sites and suppliers.
• Ensuring all work is completed in an accurate and timely manner and dealing with all queries promptly and efficiently as and when they arise.
• Attend and contribute to departmental and supplier meetings and liaise with other parts of the business when necessary.
• Assist managing multiple sourcing projects at any given time.
• Site and Project based procurement when required.
• Drafting and negotiating supply contracts.
• Assist managing supplier performance.
• Manage, organise and update relevant information using procurement database.
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
The successful candidate will have:
• A background in procurement and purchasing, have the ability to manage multiple spend categories and suppliers.
• A strong understanding of contract law and strong IT skills, the role also requires excellent communication skills, self-motivation and an analytical, problem solving mentality.
• Full drivers licence, as role may require candidate to work from multiple northern sites
• Ambition and desire to contribute to the continued success of your team. It is essential that you are a strong character with a dynamic and professional approach.
• CIPS qualified or currently studying towards CIPS is desirable.
• Experience in, or, understands Civil Engineering industries would be desirable
• Able to manage sourcing projects to tight timescales and engage and influence multiple stakeholders.
• Demonstrate competency in planning, conflict management, negotiation and team work.
• Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office, with focus on Microsoft Excel.
• Strong Negotiation skills.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a procurement professional with drive and ambition to build their career within a superb global business.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'