Before you read on my client is looking for a stand out individual who will NEED to have a minimum of 1 years experiencing purchasing within a construction/ furniture based Business.
Reporting to: Contracts Manager
Responsibilities: The following activities and responsibilities form the important and critical aspects of the job description, however there will be additional tasks connected to the day to day business requirements which are associated with this position.
- To maintain, update and expand of suppliers and sub- contractors
- To monitor and ensure cost effective labour and materials are purchased from new/current suppliers and subcontractors, including delivery logistics.
- To process Purchase orders through XERO, including project set up and completion.
- To liaise with other departments, exchanging information and giving purchasing support to their functions as well as co-ordinating logistical information.
- To be responsible for supplier liaison and developing relationships with the aim of reducing costs and addressing arising issues.
- To review and identify possible improvements in any aspect of supplier or purchasing function, including cost reduction initiatives.
- To co-ordinate contractual and new supplier negotiations
- To check, process and administer incoming purchase orders.
- Obtain a minimum of 3 quotations per element of the project
Skills and knowledge:
- good spoken and written communication skills
- excellent negotiating and networking skills
- mathematical ability, to work with figures and budgets
- good judgement and analytical ability
- an organised approach
- accuracy and attention to detail
- good business sense
- leadership skills and the ability to work well as part of a team
- the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Communication Skills
- Organisational Skills
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'