My client in the East Midlands are currently seeking an enthusiastic and forward thinking Procurement Officer on an interim basis for 3/4 months. They are one of the largest Local Authorities in the Region, with an outstanding Procurement team in place. The team have been very successful over the last few years and require some additional support in order to continue to achieve targets and natural growth.
Key duties and responsibilities of the Procurement Officer:
- To provide category support to a nominated category within the Council to contribute to the achievement of targets
- Managing the tendering process
- For lower value contracts, manage the complete set of procurement activities
- Guide and assist corporate and departmental customers on best procurement practice
- To prepare, produce and analyse specific reports based on market research, benchmarking and data analysis to improve category performance
- To support a programme of contract reviews across the Council
- Respond to and resolve supplier and end user queries in a timely and efficient manner
- Any other ad-hoc duties and responsibilities that may arise
To be successful as the Procurement Officer, you should:
- Have experience in supporting and managing policies, procedures and systems used in the Procurement cycle
- Have experience of undertaking procurement activity within a category of spend
- Have experience of support supplier performance reviews
- Be analytical and logical problem solving skills
- Have excellent written and oral communication skills
- Must be able to work on own initiative with flexibility and adaptability, as well as being an excellent team player
This is an excellent opportunity to join an established, forward thinking and growing Local Authority at a crucial point within their Procurement team.
If you feel your experience matches the above criteria and are interested in this role, please send your CV to Liam Cox at Sellick Partnership or give me a call for a confidential chat.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultant boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"