Procurement Officer - Corporate & Capital Procurement
Location: Denmark Hill
Job Type: 3-6 Months
Band: Band 6, potentially 7 depending on experience
Working days and hours: 37.5 hours per week
Band 6 £19.00 PAYE inclusive - £24.00 Umbrella
Band 7: £23.00 PAYE inclusive - £29.00 Umbrella
- Take responsibility for a delegated category or categories with a value of circa ten million to twenty million pounds of annual expenditure
Lead the development of the team’s annual work plan and introduce policy across team and function
Manage the production of the required deliverables and control risk.
Update risk assessments for relevant areas.
Identify new areas for contracting and work with stakeholders to complete clinical trials and R&D activities.
Undertake procurement activities in accordance with EU legislation/commercial/contract law/SFIs.
Offer reliable expert advice on commercial and contractual issues from initial scoping through to contract award and contract management.
Produce Official Journal of European Union advertisements, complex tender documentation for the client.
Provide guidance to on purchasing activities and contract management.
Implement and monitor contract initiatives and conduct market research to support arguments for change.
Manage the supplier selection criteria.
Manage the tender and negotiation exercise in line with regulations and SFIs for each client.
Knowledge and Experience
- Successful track record of delivering cost reductions
- Expertise in Category and Contract management and EU Procurement obtained via formal training as well as significant experience
- Proven track record of resolving queries and influencing people and building collaborative partnerships with suppliers/clients
- Evidence of experience of negotiating contracts in large organisation and a track record of achieving significant cost reductions and value added activities
- Experience of complex competitive tenders/quotations
- Experience of generating new and innovative methods of achieving savings
- OJEU knowledge
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'