Supply Chain/Procurement /buyer / Materials Manager /
Stansted Bishops Stortford Harlow M11 A120 Area
As the sole purchaser the position will include processing purchase requests, purchasing requested items, supplier relations, systems maintenance EXCEL SPREADSHEETS in accordance with company purchasing processes and initiating cost saving opportunities.The ideal candidate will have knowledge and experience in Purchasing (Engineering consumables / Materials Steel / metal and on-site Products ) This is an excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic and ambitious individual to develop a career within our operations function.The role is a sole purchaser working closely with estimator and operations managers and production team leaders .
* Creation and placement of purchase orders across both direct and indirect categories
* Forge and maintain supplier relationships
* Negotiation and contract management
* Recording of order acknowledgements and updating of systems
* Rescheduling of open purchase orders and delivery schedules as demand dictates
* Maintenance of all purchased cost transactions
* Through tendering, provide best value in terms of spend, billing and delivery
* Deliver savings through effective sourcing and procurement strategy
* Management of supplier performance to ensure delivery performance is maintained, while ensuring adherence to quality and standards
* Resolving invoice queries
* Drive cost reduction activities in line with company requirements
Use of Excel Spreadsheets
* Maintenance and electronic filing of all relevant purchasing and regulatory documents
* Prepare timely and accurate management information as required
* Provide professional support to departments in all purchasing and related
This working as a sole purchaser for a renowned Engineering company manufacturing unique products to defined technical drawings.
- Buyer Procurement expiditer materails excel
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"