Marketing Category Manager
An fantastic opportunity to join a globally recognised brand managing the Marketing category and working in a unique vibrant, fun but professional environment.
You will be reporting into the Director of Procurement, going out to tender for potential new suppliers, rolling out some really interesting complex projects and reviewing existing contracts. Marketing spend is on of the largest spend areas, with diverse projects.
The jobholder will be a highly creditable procurement expert with solid marketing procurement experience and able demonstrate leading on marketing projects.
Categories / spend areas responsible for: Media, PR, Creative, Advertising, Agencies, Print, POS & Digital
Role and responsibilities:
- Working with top-level marketing stakeholders at various seniority levels
- End-to-end procurement management, sourcing to on-going SRM
- Negotiate on new and existing contracts, to drive down costs to the company
- Implement SLAs into contracts to ensure service delivery is at optimum level
- Influence key stakeholders in the business to define new and effective procurement strategies
- Bring previous expertise of improving processes of any current policies
- Manage multi-million spends across assigned sub-categories
- Identify new potential suppliers and cost saving opportunities by using market knowledge
Experience and requirements:
- Proven procurement experience within marketing spend (ATL & BTL)
- Achievements within an organisation either by improved service delivery or significant cost savings
- Worked within a large organisation
- Able to work under heavy work load in a fast paced, busy environment
- No issues with negotiating and influencing all levels of internal customer / stakeholder
- Managed a led projects from start to finish, autonomously
- Experience in building relationships in varied environments
- Ideally CIPS and degree qualified - not essential
Please apply now for further details..