Chase & Holland and delighted to be working with our established and successful client who are looking to recruit for a Procurement Manager to join their team. The business has grown by over 50% is the last 3 years and are earmarked for further growth over the next 5 years. This is a new role within the business and presents and opportunity for an experienced procurement professional to set up and manage a procurement function across the business.
Reporting to the Senior Director, the post holder will play a strategically important role within the organisation to ensure outstanding procurement service delivery across the business.
Responsibilities of the Procurement Manager:
- Working with various stakeholders across the business to determine their needs and sourcing the best products, services and suppliers
- Taking the lead in tendering processes, evaluating bids and making recommendations, based on commercial and technical factors
- Ensuring the best quality products and services are obtain for the best price in a timely manner
- Managing a large annual spend
- Monitoring business trends and product availability to pay the best price for company goods and services without sacrificing quality or delivery times
- Be responsible for the development and maintenance of a supplier base that can generate competitive advantage
- Support the development of and implementation of regional sourcing strategies for selected categories
- Utilise spend analytics, sourcing management processes and tools to rationalise and select suppliers, manage supplier relationship as well as negotiate contract pricing, terms and conditions
- Implement procurement processes and policies, while managing internal stakeholder engagement over multiple business areas and locations
- Develop a reliable supplier base as a source for innovative and efficient solutions
Required Skills & Experience:
- This is an integral role to the business and as such, the right person needs at least 5 years buying experience (ideally with strong indirect procurement)
- The client needs someone who works cross-functionally in developing and executing sound sourcing strategies to select reliable suppliers
- You’ll ideally be degree educated and someone who understands Indirect spends across the business
- Be driven to deliver change
- Have a collaborative can-do attitude
- An opportunity to join a genuinely exciting and growing business
- The chance to put your mark on implementing and managing a procurement function
- Sponsored non work related personal development
- Excellent remuneration package
Chase & Holland acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. We specialise in Procurement & Supply Chain, Finance, HR, IT and Office Support recruitment and comfortably service Yorkshire, Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire, Leicestershire, Staffordshire and Lincolnshire
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'