The Procurement Manager will provide Procurement support to stakeholder across the organisation to support them to deliver the best possible service within the resources available ensuring VfM is achieved.
Public sector organisation based in Staffordshire
The Procurement Manager will have the following responsibilities:
- To drive the implementation of and compliance with Procurement, Purchasing, and Commercial strategies for the organisation, maximising the commercial benefits
- To ensure operational procedures are implemented and complied with across the organisation to maximise efficiency and benefits of the strategies
- To address actions to procurement risk mitigation strategies managing the risks within the appetite of the organisation
- To maintain a contracts register whereby stakeholders can identify the commercial benefits of the arrangements in place ensuring the benefits are realised and maximised.
- To implement and ensure compliance with a contract management framework that supports the organisation to maximise the benefits of the contractual arrangements in place for third party service providers.
- To lead and coordinate contract management meetings ensuring conformity to framework and mitigating contract risks.
- To ensure any framework agreements and collaboration arrangements address the needs of the organisation
- To monitor compliance with the contract Standing Orders.
- Support the Commercial Lead in the day to day leadership, management and development of Commercial Services in the delivery of a professional service.
- As a member of the Finance team contribute to the efficient running of the department and its future development
- To undertake other duties commensurate with the nature, level of responsibility and grading of this post, as required
And to be accountable for:
Procurement Officer (CIPS Trainee) and to support them with their professional development
EDUCATION, QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Chartered Procurement Qualification or Level 6 Business Management Qualification with strong evidence of Procurement knowledge
- Substantial and relevant experience of operating at a Manager level.
- An understanding of business change principles
- Relevant experience of managing and controlling commercial activity in an organisation and providing effective communication to third parties.
- Proven experience of managing projects.
- Demonstrate a track record of providing a high quality, customer focused service
- Proven ability to build effective working relationships at all levels of the organisation
- Ability to interpret and extrapolate data and present in a clear, well-structured way that can be easily understood by all users
- Ability to address the procurement implications of business decisions.
- Strong effective interpersonal skills.
- Good level of communication, negotiation and influencing skills
The Procurement Manager will be offered £37,440 - £43,830 (dependent upon experience)
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
Not quite what you are looking for? Try these similar searches
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'