Summit Personnel are currently representing a leading insurance company in Manchester who are seeking an experienced Procurement Manager to join their team. The successful candidate will have proven experience as a Procurement Manager, preferably with insurance claims knowledge and be looking to join an ambitious and forward thinking business.
Key duties as Procurement Manager will include:
- Design, implement and subsequently manage the Claims procurement activity (in line with business and stakeholder requirements) that delivers value for money, minimises risk and aligns with best in class procurement strategies.
- Apply of market and procurement expertise across the Claims categories with special emphasis on value, performance and delivery.
- Take ownership of end to end procurement projects - managing stakeholder expectations and ensuring timely execution of sourcing activities in line with pre-agreed project plans
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with suppliers, stakeholders and the wider business areas to understand needs and requirements and ensure the provision of effective advice and services
- Provide information to the Group Head of Procurement and Supplier Management which will assist in the forecasting, re-forecasting and on-going reporting on budgets as and when required
In order to be considered for the role of Procurement Manager, candidates should possess the following skills and experience:
- Educated to degree level or holding an equivalent professional qualification
- MCIPS qualification or equivalent desirable
- A demonstrable background in Claims procurement / category management / Operations within a complex environment
- Experienced in the formulisation and implementation of category strategies including supplier assessment and due diligence, and ongoing management
- Experienced in negotiating critical contracts whilst minimising business risk and maximising commercial benefit through scale and relationships
- Demonstrable experience of both stakeholder and people management
- Solid experience of supplier management including the ability to analyse performance metrics
- A solid understanding of other indirect procurement categories desirable
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent knowledge of the Claims industry
- Knowledge of motor insurance products and the motor insurance industry
- Solid understanding of the business objectives and operations
- Good knowledge of procurement strategy development and execution
- Knowledge of FCA requirements (including TCF)
In return, you will be offered a competitive salary to £60,000 dependent on experience and a market leading benefits package, along with the opportunity to forge a successful career with a progressive and well reputed business.
- General Insurance
- Procurement Contracts
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'