SF Group are delighted to have been engaged on an exclusive basis for a key manufacturing client in Derbyshire. We have been tasked with fulfilling a newly created ' Purchasing Manager' requirement to fully embed procurement within this global organisation and develop this to its full potential. This is a fantastic role for the right individual to really put their own stamp on a procurement function.
The role is primarily responsible for the performance, development and delivery of a relatively immature procurement function. As a truly hands on position the role will involve procurement activities around materials, equipment, supplies and services of a general nature in accordance with prescribed purchasing regulations and procedures. The goal is to ensure a timely supply of goods, materials, parts needed for smooth operation of the site while maintaining budgetary challenges and meeting quality standards. Identify and Drive cost reduction opportunities and ensure good upward communication on reporting Corporate Metrics.
- To lead and develop an immature procurement function to contribute to commercial objectives at site, regional and group level
- Create and implement robust procurement procedures enabling the foundations of a successful procurement function to be established and developed
- Ensure compliance with quality standards, environmental, health and safety regulations
- Work closely with other departments to support new product and process introduction processes, participate and provide expert opinion on make or buy and outsource decisions
- To identify and implement best practice improvements to purchasing (i.e. cost reduction opportunities, supplier selection processes, long term agreements, internal processes) that contribute to significantly improved performance
- Manage the supplier base and commercial contracts as required in conjunction with Corporate, Regional and Site strategy
- Develop and maintain a continuous improvement culture in line with the Supply Chain strategy
This role requires an experienced Procurement Professional who is either looking to develop their skills further by stepping into the role of Purchasing Manager or someone coming from a larger organisation in a specialist role looking to develop their skills as a generalist. You must be robust, driven and happy to do the ground work necessary to make this role a success.
Sounds like you Please get in touch to discuss further.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job