Housing Solutions are currently looking for a Procurement Manager to join our team on a FULL TIME PERMANENT basis in Maidenhead.There is an opportunity for a Procurement Manager to provide procurement expertise and leadership to the organisation. You will manage suppliers and develop purchasing strategies which meet budgetary, legislative and other operational requirements of the company. You will lead the development, implementation and maintenance of the procurement strategy, policies and procedures to support the delivery of efficient, value for money operations.
- Lead the development, implementation and maintenance of procurement policies and procedures to support the delivery of efficient, value for money operations ensuring legislative compliance across the organisation.
- Maintain best practice to achieve procurement excellence, ensuring that it is understood, valued and followed by colleagues. This includes ensuring tendering processes are adhered to in the review of supplier contracts.
- Ensure that all procurement activities are driven with key stakeholders and that services and contracts are tendered/negotiated with critical to quality and best value requirements as key drivers.
- Lead in the management of procurement issues including the negotiation of key contracts for the provision of goods and services and SLA’s, including quality control of key contract review meetings.
- To maintain and oversee the Contracts Register, liaising with budget managers to ensure contract management requirements in terms of retendering deadlines and OJEU thresholds are met.
- Identify effective methods of procurement for goods and services ensuring they are implemented in line with the organisations financial regulations and delegated authorities.
- To provide procurement expertise and leadership to colleagues across the business ensuring the organisation meets budgetary requirements and operates profitably.
- Co-ordinate the development and delivery of the organisations Value for Money Strategy and ensure that all related savings are captured and reported on a regular basis to SMT, Executive Team and Board.
- Work with Finance and Business Improvement teams to deliver robust Value for Money self-assessment tracking on all VFM related projects and activities as detailed in the VFM Strategy Action Plan.
- Develop, monitor and report to the Executive Team Board and other stakeholders on the delivery of the procurement strategy including a savings tracker on procurement savings.
- To take on other duties commensurate with this post as directed/delegated by the Corporate Services Director
- Part or fully qualified CIPS (Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply).
- Experience of working within a procurement function at a management level covering a broad range of procurement categories.
- Experience of using a procurement system for management of tendering processes and contract management.
- Thorough knowledge of procurement legislation and best practice.
- Knowledge of the requirements of OJEU and experience of working with procurement frameworks relating to asset management/repairs and maintenance.