Our client, a leading organisation within the Public sector is recruiting for a Procurement Manager vacancy based in Birmingham on a temporary basis for six months initially. This role is for an expanding organisation and is a great opportunity to develop within a fast paced environment. The working hours for the post are based on a 35 hour week. The rate for the position is negotiable dependent upon experience.
Duties will include (but not limited to)
* Providing procurement services by leading on establishing contracts with suppliers in line with the agreed annual sourcing plan
* Ensuring compliance with Public Procurement legislation, the Procurement Information Map and other internal policies
* Maintaining sufficient contact with Contract Managers to ensure contracts which are awarded are successfully managed
* Providing guidance as required and assisting with any legal queries relating to terms agreed in the form of contract
* Supporting the Senior Procurement Manager in the roll out and future development of the Procurement Strategy
* Identifying innovation value for money opportunities for procuring such as joint procurement with other public bodies
* Supporting in maintaining and developing standard policies, procedures and processes to maintain compliance and increase efficiency
* Maintaining the supplier database ensuring compliance with Procurement processes in place
James Andrews is acting as an employment agency and business in relation to this role.