Procurement Manager based in London OR Bristol on a 6 Months Contract
My client is the largest and most advanced digital communications company in Britain, delivering mobile and fixed communications services.
To support and work collaboratively with our internal customers to lead sourcing and negotiation of supplier agreements for indirect categories based upon fact based understanding of the category specific demand and supply conditions. Accountable for the development of strategic category suppliers and driving best value strategic sourcing whilst ensuring continuity of supply risks are minimised and business requirements are satisfied
- Sourcing, negotiation and management of key category contracts.
- Procurement experience of network / technology commodities required.
- Develop innovative purchasing solutions for own and team area, geared to reducing costs whilst improving the quality of goods and services received and significantly contributing to savings targets for the relevant team, evidenced by fully signed off savings in a timely manner.
- Ensure the delivery of robust and appropriate supply contracts which meet the commercial needs of the business and protect interests in contract
- Develop and maintain effective key stakeholder relations, such that the internal customer involves Procurement from the conception stage of third party deployment.
- Regularly review and develop the current and prospective supplier base, within own area of accountability, assessing value and criticality issues in addition to understanding financial stability, overall competitiveness and performance.
- Drive supplier and product/service rationalization and ensure that specifications/functionality are fit for purpose and all opportunities are leveraged where feasible
- Work across virtual silos, supporting others within the procurement teams as necessary, to overcome workload requirements, business needs. This is relevant within Procurement and across into Procurement.
- Support the PO process, by validation of correctly detailed orders, challenging the customer when lack of Procurement involvement has resulted in sub optimal solutions.
- Excellent negotiation and commercial skills with proven track record of delivering cost savings
- Research and analytical skills to expose the key drivers of any market
- Proven experience in category management covering Network OR Technology categories including tendering and contract management.
- Ability to use spend data, analysis, contract management, SAP and e-procurement tools
- Good level of understanding of contract law and key clauses
- High standard of Microsoft skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Strong and proven organisational skills with ability to handle multiple projects in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
- Certification from CIPS (Fully Qualified)
If you feel you have relevant skills for the role then simply attach an up to date CV and click apply now.
Candidates will ideally show evidence of the above in their CV in order to be considered.
Please be advised if you haven't heard from us within 24 hours then unfortunately your application has not been successful on this occasion, we may however keep your details on file for any suitable future vacancies and contact you accordingly.
Pontoon is an employment consultancy and operates as an equal opportunities employer.
- Procurement Manager and contracts and networks and engineering and CIPS