Our client is currently hiring for a Procurement Manager to join their established and fast-growing team based in Reading.
- Sourcing and targeting new vendors
- Lead the process of sourcing and developing relationships with suppliers at every stage of the procurement process.
- Management of any active Vendor Management Programs and the Suppliers included in those Programs.
- Willing to own and improve vendor management and related tools, measure and reduce costs, and increase revenue generation for the company.
- Executing RFPs Tenders / E Bids (inclusive of process/documentation/costings and project management)
- Direct negotiations on pricing, cost reductions and identify future savings opportunities for assigned categories and suppliers.
- Vendor On-boarding - Vendor Qualification and Contracting.
- Vendor Management - Business/Performance Review, Scorecards and KPI's.
- Run new product, value engineering and feature development projects (for direct materials and services)
- Support Compliance Activities.
- Provide support and analysis to internal teams.
- Support resolution of major quality issues if they arise.
- Multitasking, in a high performance fast-paced environment, with proven results.
- Minimum of 5 years in Electronic/Electrical/Tech sector
- Experience in contract negotiations to include business, price and technical terms.
- Professional Qualifications - CIPS / APICS qualified or other equivalent Supply Chain qualifications.
- Knowledge of Strategic Sourcing processes, policies, and procedures, product / environmental compliance.
- Experience working with international suppliers, customers and internal business units.
- Strong analytical and communication skills, leadership abilities and experience leading and participating in cross functional teams.
- Proven experience working both independently and as part of a team.
This is a full-time position working Monday - Friday.
Our client offers an excellent remuneration package, a dynamic working environment and career progression opportunities.
Please apply online to be considered.