Would you be interested in working for a global supplier of innovative life support products?
Location: Stokesley (Easily commutable from Middlesborough, Darlington, Redcar, Guisborough and surrounding areas)
Salary: Competitive + Benefits
Hours: Full time, permanent (Monday – Friday)
We are looking for a procurement manager to lead the procurement team and work with suppliers and partners to facilitate the supply chain function.
Your role will involve;
- Lead & manage a small team to deliver a high-quality service to the business - roles currently include a Buyer, a Purchasing Administrator and a Goods Inwards Coordinator.
- Manage a spend of over £2 million across all areas of purchasing including, component parts, packaging, supplies and utilities as well as ad hoc and day to day supplies needed for the business to function
- Responsible for the stock valuation held by the business (currently ~£1m).
- Proactive supply chain management including supplier performance measurement & communication.
- Visiting key suppliers (occasionally overseas)
- Annually deliver 5% material cost reduction
- Manage and facilitate the company’s day to day purchasing activities ensuring that all orders are placed on time and accurately to deliver the best service possible to your internal customers (stores/production/R&D and accounts primarily).
- Maintain & develop a range of KPIs which monitor and analyse the performance of the department.
- Ensure all purchasing activities undertaken by you & the team deliver on time in full kits to production.
- New product introduction
- Manage the supply chain risk register and provide updates to the Operations Director on a monthly basis.
- Proactive obsolescence management
- Ownership of the Purchasing & Supply Chain Management procedure
- Play a key role in the operations management team, collaborating with colleagues to deliver against joint objectives.
- Strong focus on streamlining & automation of the supply chain
What do we require from you?
- CIPS Qualified
- Experience of managing a procurement team
- Excellent negotiation skills
- International procurement experience
- Ability to reduce costs
- Ability to complete occasional international travel
You may have had experience or be interested in the following: Procurement, Procurement Manager, Buyer, Senior Buyer, CIPS, Manufacturing, Purchasing Manager, Purchasing, Buying, Operations Manager, Supply Chain, Supply Chain Manager
This vacancy is being advertised by Easy Web Agency, the UK’s leading Online Recruitment Agency. The services advertised by Easy Web Agency are those of an employment agency. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, or belief, and we confirm that we will gladly accept all applications.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job