Location: King’s Lynn
Salary: Competitive plus excellent benefits
About the company:
Freebridge Community Housing was set up in 2006 and now manages around 7,000 homes and 17 sheltered schemes in West Norfolk. We employ around 200 people, including our own Property Services team of operatives. As part of the e2 consortium, our combined aim is to build strong and sustainable communities by providing high quality affordable homes within well designed neighbourhoods.
- Do you have a background in Procurement?
- Are you looking for a new challenge?
- Could you make a difference to our organisation?
We are looking for a talented and enthusiastic Procurement Manager to join our expanding business. Reporting to the Director of Finance, the main purpose of this position is to lead and deliver on all major procurement projects.
Duties of the Procurement Manager:
- Supporting the delivery of efficient, effective and value for money procurement activity
- Personally lead and deliver on major procurement activity including OJEU compliant tenders.
- Manage the contracts register and contingent liability emanating from contract activity
- Work with colleagues to develop contracts and specifications that support the optimal balance between commercial performance and risk
- Working with and through colleagues to manage non contract procurement
- Working with colleagues agree frameworks to understand and deliver future procurement requirements
- Support the delivery of in-house procurement training and development for budget managers
- Maintain required and relevant records and audit trails in respect of procurement activities
- Support the shaping and implementation of internal procurement procedures.
Requirements of the Procurement Manager:
- Educated to degree level and ideally a member of the Institute of Purchasing and Supply
- Able to demonstrate experience in a senior procurement leadership role, OJEU compliant procurement and modern procurement techniques and opportunities
- Have excellent leadership and organisational skills, able to embrace and support others through change.
- Capable of analysing and interpreting complex statistical information, providing summaries of key trends and developing and introducing systems for reporting
- With well-developed communications skills, you will be an excellent and diplomatic negotiator
- Be self-managing and self-motivated with ability to meet deadlines in a pressured environment
If you meet the requirements and feel that this Procurement Manager role is right for you then please apply today!
Closing date – Friday 13th April 2018
Interview Date - 25th or 27th April 2018
Only candidates who follow the correct application procedure will be considered
NO AGENCIES PLEASE!
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job