Two brand new public sector procurement job opportunities have arisen within a leading organisation based in Southampton. These procurement positions will cement the foundations of the team and will play a significant part in the successes of the recent transformation of the procurement function. These Procurement Manager posts will cover varying categories depending on project demands.
Candidates will have previous experience within purchasing or procurement specifically within the public sector, at Buyer, Senior Buyer, Category Manager or Procurement Manager level and be keen to progress in their career.
Role responsibilities of the Procurement Manager include:
- You will be responsible for offering procurement advice, guidance and support to the organisation - targeting both internal and external stakeholders.
- You will create category plans and strategies, working closely with the Senior Category Managers to ensure continuous improvement targets are met.
- You will answerable for your own contract management and risk analysis to deliver compliant procurements.
Person specification of the Procurement Manager include:
- Previous public sector procurement experience - including working knowledge of the EU Procurement Directives
- Member of CIPS (either MCIPS or studying towards)
- Category Management experience
- Contract Management experience
- Significant saving achievements across a multitude of indirect categories
- Experience of leading teams/managing staff