Permanent - Full time Monday to Friday office hours.
Acorn Recruitment is seeking a Procurement Manager for a global manufacturer based in South Wales with a £500m turnover.
Our client offer an excellent salary and benefits coupled with a great working environment.
* Evaluate and select suppliers and negotiate terms for major purchases, commit to purchases (within established limits of authority) that are in the organisation's best interests.
* Liaise with functional or operational area managers to understand their current and anticipated demand for goods and materials and develop plans, cost estimates, and schedules for integrating these needs.
* Develop policies, checklists or other materials that describe the organisation's technical, quality, service, or reliability standards to help purchasing staff evaluate supplier proposals.
* Analyse and evaluate the organisation's overall purchasing trends to identify areas where purchases could be made in bulk or improvements for stock replenishment.
* Select and manage ongoing relationships with major suppliers, vendors or sub-contractors to ensure that the organisation receives satisfactory standards of service.
* Analyse and evaluate external price trends and new product offerings to identify opportunities to reduce overall purchasing costs.
* Lead, direct, evaluate and develop a team of purchasing staff to ensure that the team's resources are used effectively and that work schedules and targets are met.
* Evaluate line reports to recognise and celebrate successes and identify potential improvements with the support of the Performance Development Integrated System (PDIS), Development and Performance Interview (DPI) and / or Skills Assessment Matrices.
* Manage attendance and timekeeping processes for line reports and carry out appropriate measures for performance management, disciplinary and grievance.
* Manage people, processes and task to ensure the most efficient use of resource.
* Lead team to achieve high levels of safety, quality, cost effectiveness, delivery and morality.
* Coach and mentor others and be an open source for guidance and support.
* Liaise with internal and external stakeholders to maintain and improve customer service relationships and activity efficiency applying the TQM Planetary Principle.
* Abide by the 3 management systems encompassing Environment (ISO 14001), Health and Safety (OHSAS 18001) and Quality (ISO 9001) and comply with the Cardinal Rules and within the guidelines of HASAWA 1974.
The successful candidate will have the following:
* Previous experience in a Manufacturing / Engineering environment.
* Technical Purchasing skills.
* Strong and confident leader.
* Previous experience of developing a team.
* Previous experience working in a fast paced and demanding environment.
* MCIPS Qualified.
* Electric Arc Furnace knowledge.
* Fluent in Mandarin and/or Spanish.
To apply, please send your CV to
Acorn Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job