Recruitment Agency Reference: 6675060
A position has arisen for a Procurement Manager placed within a highly reputable charitable organisation based in the Northern Home Counties. This managerial role oversees a new project whilst dealing with the extra procurement workload. This temporary role is paying £40,000 for a 12 month fixed term contract with a possibility of a permanent position to follow. Typical work hours run Monday to Friday.
Your duties will include:
- Ensure purchasing arrangements with suppliers are being maintained
- Identify opportunities to make efficiencies in arrangements
- Carry out reviews to determine the best purchasing processes and clients
- Introduce a formal tendering process
- Review OJEU compliance and make recommendations to improve overall performance
- Liaise with key suppliers and negotiate contractual agreements
- Create and implement procurement strategies
- Oversee the management of the company database
It is important that you have relevant experience in social or council housing procurement projects and can work in fast paced and demanding business environment.
The successful candidate should have:
- Excellent project management skills
- Strong OJEU knowledge and experience
- Outstanding communicative skills
- A proven track record in purchasing processes
This would be an ideal role for a driven Procurement Manager who is ready to start the role at short notice. Benefits include 25 days holiday plus bank holidays.
If you are interested in this position or would like to find out more about similar roles please contact Ben Paine on and email your updated CV to
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates.