Procurement & Contract Manager required for Newport based community association
As the Procurement & Contract Manager you will be responsible for leading the development, roll out and embedding of the procurement strategy. You will support the procurement governance panel by providing robust professional advice, ensuring procurement activity is targeted at key areas and monitored and reported in a consistent manner. You will ensure the ongoing maintenance of the contracts database and that all procurement activity is compliant, is achieved to defined timescales and delivers value for money.
You will ultimately be responsible for the day-to-day management of the procurement function, the development of new procurement software and the further development of procurement frameworks, policies and procedures.
The successful applicant will have:
- Full CIPS membership or an equivalent degree/qualification.
- Minimum five years' experience at senior level within a 'strategic' procurement function.
- Procurement project management skills, including extensive stakeholder and supplier relationship management experience.
- Extensive experience of supplier competition processes, outsourcing, frameworks and tendering.
- Working experience of the EU Procurement Regulations and proficient in key OJEU procurement procedures.
- Proven experience of successfully embedding a consistent procurement approach across a diverse organisation.
- Experience in drafting and managing high level contracts.
- Extensive problem solving and analytical skills.
You will be a driven and resilient candidate with with a tough mental attitude and ability to work under pressure and at pace. You will be able to prove you have the ability to balance strategic direction with effective service delivery, and be a diligent and effective operator.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job