My client is looking for a talented Procurement Manager to join their nuclear organisation. The candidate will be responsible for developing and implementing Category strategies where you will oversee and produce contractual terms and conditions for a range of goods and services within their organisation.
My client is a leading body within the nuclear industry where they lead the strategy for logistical movement of nuclear waste globally.
Key Role Responsibilities
- To Head of Procurement for the execution of procurement activities to schedule, cost and quality
- Manage resources engaged in procurement activities and performance management of 2 direct reports, setting delivery objectives and any locally required training
- To ensure consistent application and implementation of procurement policy and procedures
- To assist the Head of Procurement in managing key stakeholder relationships both internally and externally
- To ensure compliance with quality, safety and environmental requirements including promoting a safety culture within the Supply Chain
- To promote open and transparent competition throughout the supply chain ensuring compliance within OJEU regulations
- To provide procurement support and advice to project managers as well as business owners within the organisation.
- To provide proactive leadership to deliver significant and sustained improvements in the discharge of these accountabilities by promoting, stimulating encouraging and leading improvement processes.
Key Role Experience
- MCIPS or working towards
- Experience of developing Contracting strategies in compliance and successfully implementing them to ensure Value for Money;
- Substantial experience of running OJEU compliant end to end tenders under both the Open and Restricted Procedures for both goods and services;
- Strong negotiating, influencing and relationship management skills including identification of key stakeholders and their key objectives;
- Ability to represent the business in an external environment with both Customers and Suppliers;
- Experience of Contract risk management and development of mitigation plans for Critical and Strategic suppliers- Desirable;
- Experience of Supplier Relationship Management processes- Desirable;
- Knowledge and experience of Category management- Desirable;
- IT literate including word, excel, SAGE and Complete Tender Management-
My client is offering a base salary of up to £62k plus competitive package for the ideal candidate
- Procurement Manager
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job