Job Title - Procurement Manager
Location - York / Flexible
Rates - £391.04 Umbrella/Ltd or £348.92 PAYE
In Scope of IR35
About the role / project:
The role will be working on a variety of projects and programmes from lower value renewals to high value and complex multi-disciplinary rail enhancement schemes.
What you will do:
- Lead and manage the tender process including: developing and implementing individual project and contracting strategy proposals, preparation and evaluation of tender documents and negotiation of contracts, internal approval papers and contract award.
- Ensure the tender process adheres to internal governance and applicable EU procurement regulations.
- Provide dedicated support to senior staff in respect of individual projects and/or contract/commercial issues, including 'rapid response' to potential contract disputes.
- Target specific goods, services and/or suppliers to identify how tangible improvements may be made in the procurement of these goods and services or value-for-money efficiencies delivered.
- Manage responsibilities for endorsements and approval of contracts.
- Provide all services to programme/project teams in a timely and cost-effective manner and contribute positively towards the achievement of programme/project objectives.
Your experience will include:
- Recognised skills in contractual and commercial matters, with credibility and experience to act as advisor to other staff.
- Successful procurement background with practical intermediate level experience.
- Contributed towards maintaining successful relationships with suppliers.
- Knowledge of relevant contract terms and regulations.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Ability to lead tender process and engage with project teams.
- Membership of appropriate professional institution i.e. Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply
- Experience in tendering with the rail and / or construction industry.
About our client:
Our client is the largest rail infrastructure business in the country and is at the operational centre of the railway and playing a key role in a rapidly evolving industry. They are responsible for rebuilding Britain's railway infrastructure and are managing some of the biggest and most complex engineering programmes in Europe. Over the next five years they will be spending around £23 billion to maintain and upgrade every aspect of an infrastructure that comprises 21,000 miles of track, 2,500 stations, 9,000 level crossings, 40,000 bridges and tunnels, and signalling and power for the movement of 25,000 trains every day.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - Click apply now. You will then be directed to a Capita owned microsite that will assist you with your application. Once completed you will then be contacted by the relevant recruiter.
Our client welcomes applications regardless of age, disability, marital status (including civil partnerships), pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, transgender status, sex (or gender), employment status, trade union affiliation, or another irrelevant factor. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.