Altro are a leading British Manufacturer and supplier, based in Letchworth. We have been going strong since 1919 and know that we can only grow further with great people on board, helping us shape our future. Voted one of the Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For, for 10 years!
Our purpose is to transform spaces to enhance people’s emotional and physical wellbeing. Family owned and run, we share family values; we care about you, each other and what we do.
We are currently recruiting for a Procurement Manager to join our friendly team here in LetchworthGardenCity.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- In conjunction with the Supply Chain Manager, to develop, implement and maintain appropriate and progressive Procurement policies, procedures and processes ensuring best practice and continuous improvements.
- The development of action plans for allocated supplier relationships, through cross functional groups.
- To lead, support and maintain the negotiations with existing or new sources of supply
- To devise the most appropriate KPIs that demonstrate the status against cost and benefit the business goals for sourcing and supply.
- To lead the timely segmentation of the supply base based on profit impact and supply risk and devise relevant relationship and sourcing roadmaps for each segment.
- Facilitate progress through action plans and progress Procurement elements of plans taking opportunity to coach other team members.
- Maintenance of supplier intelligence to facilitate secure primary sources and alternative sourcing where appropriate.
- Managing discovery and tendering activity to secure best overall cost advantage.
- Coach, support and provide guidance to other functional areas in best practice for purchasing, scheduling, accounts payable, contracting and supplier management.
- Benchmarking, research and cost benefit analysis for all key supplier relationships.
- Facilitate the cross-functional risk analysis and mitigation programs
- Preparation of standard cost budgets and ongoing analysis and forecasting of variances.
To be successful you will need to have the following experience and personal characteristics:
- An extensive background in a senior level Procurement role.
- Good all round business knowledge preferably in a Manufacturing environment.
- Experienced in Supplier relationship management models
- Experienced in contracting and agreements.
- People Management & Leadership
- Outstanding communication and influencing skills, able to interact at all levels internally and externally.
- High energy team player self- motivated, with the ability to influence and inform
If you have the relevant experience then we would love to hear from you.