Recruitment Agency Reference: 6659540
A position has arisen for a Procurement Manager placed within a highly reputable Government authority based in the Thames Valley region. This managerial role oversees the organisation and implementation of procurement strategies in the public sector. This permanent role is paying £50,000 per annum depending on experience and typical work hours run Monday to Friday.
Your duties will include:
- Provide support to major projects
- Pre-qualify contractors by interviewing tenderers
- Assess tenders and negotiate contracts
- Manage and control contractual progress of projects
- Create and implement procurement strategies
- Ensure compliance with the European Commission and UK directives for procurement
- Identify opportunities for improvement and provide solutions
- Provide commercial advice to senior management
It is important that you have relevant experience in managing various procurement projects and can work in fast paced and demanding business environment.
The successful candidate should have:
- Extensive understanding in NEC form of contracts
- Strong OJEU knowledge and experience
- Outstanding communicative skills
- Experience in business, energy and industrial strategy
This would be an ideal role for a driven Procurement Manager who is ready to start the role at short notice. Benefits include 25 days holiday, a yearly bonus scheme, pension scheme and free parking.
If you are interested in this position or would like to find out more about similar roles please contact Ben Paine on and email your updated CV to
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates.