As the Procurement Manager you will be responsible for leading tenders, negotiations and supplier evaluations, developing and monitoring Service Level Agreements with external providers and key stakeholders.
Through your refined leadership skills you will challenge the business to achieve new levels of success and effectiveness in sourcing and procurement strategies, commercial arrangements, supplier relationships and innovation. You will establish rigor to all processes and challenge specifications.
You will have a very proactive approach and a passion for delivering exceptional results to the bottom line by working collaboratively with teams by developing influential and positive relationships across the business.
Responsibilities with include (but not limited to);
• Manage day to day stakeholder use and delivery of the Airport procurement systems
• Create & run reports showing third party spend & commitments by multiple variants (supplier, category, timeframe) via the procurement system
• Manage the tendering process
• Full accountability for the procurement contract process including managing the gateway approval process
• Responsibility for leading the delivery of financial & non-financial value improvement activities
• Identified in the Procurement business plan specifically for operational categories
• Establish Procurement needs with internal stakeholders
• Be an active champion of procurement in internal stakeholder meetings
• Manage Key supplier performance by establishing service level agreements, creating individual KPIs, arranging regular update meetings with key suppliers & stakeholders
• Ensuring that local governance & processes are compliant with agreed internal & external procurement standards
• Identify business supply risks across the airport and ensure appropriate action is taken to manage and mitigate risk
You must have a proven procurement experience with extensive “hands on experience” in a similar role in a complex, high value procurement environment and an ability to build and maintain strong, effective working relationships across the business, influencing key stakeholders where appropriate.
Efficient use of procurement systems providing analytical and sound judgment. You will demonstrate the ability to work on your own initiative, perform well under pressure, strong commercial management, negotiation and show confidence in unpopular decision situations.
If you meet the criteria above, please submit your CV. Only candidates with the above experience will be considered for the role.
If you would like to have a confidential discussion regarding this role, please call Simon Johnston-Maude on 0131 226 3686.
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business