Job Title - Procurement Manager
Location - FERA Science Ltd - Sand Hutton - York
About the role
We are seeking a Procurement Manager to be responsible for all aspects of Procurement across Fera. Your focus will be on operational spend and managing a spend base of c.£5m including scientific equipment and consumables, direct materials and indirect expenditure.
You will develop and build relationships with new and existing suppliers and manage processes and policies that relate to any procurement activity. You will seek to reduce the overall supplier base through consolidating spend and will focus on delivering cost savings and implementing process efficiencies.
Working closely with scientists and other business professionals will provide you with a diverse role and you will liaise closely with divisional procurement teams to ensure compliance and adherence to group standards and expectations.
FERA Science Ltd is part of Capita plc, Capita entered a Joint Venture with the Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (Defra), and FERA provides scientific services to government and commercial customers, such as food retailers and manufacturers of crop protection products, in the UK and overseas.
FERA Science Ltd specialises in translating scientific knowledge into practical applications, such as helping to ensure food safety and quality 'from farm to fork', sustainable crop production, environmental management and conservation. It also plays a key role in the UK's ability to respond to, and recover from, emergency situations affecting the food chain and rural economy.
What you will do:
- Develop, manage and maintain relationships with new and existing key suppliers, driving adoption of agreed contracts to help drive savings
- Own, deliver and report against Fera procurement savings targets
- Embedding supplier changes and new processes into the operation, owning the end to end process and ensuring efficiencies are identified, realised and communicated
- Maintain and update Fera systems (SAP Ariba) to support delivery of supplier punch-out catalogues and ensure supporting processes help drive full user adoption
- Monitor supplier performance and delivery ensuring that effective feedback and analysis takes place to facilitate continuous improvement.
Your experience will include:
- 5+ years of Procurement and/or Commercial role experience
- Track record in supplier selection, negotiation, implementation and complex contract management delivering cost/ savings targets
- Evidence developing relationships and working with stakeholders and suppliers
- Is innovative, self-starting and results orientated. Understands the 'value-add' of a procurement professional.
- Good interpersonal and engagement skills with ability to develop effective relationships with stakeholders
- A clear, concise communicator (oral and written)
- Displays a high degree of organisational skills and manages own time effectively and efficiently whilst working across multiple engagements.
- Commitment to service and delivery excellence
What's in it for you?
At Capita, training and development aren't optional extras: they're how we do our job. We will motivate you to perform at your peak, recognising your achievements and rewarding them appropriately. As well as a generous basic salary we also give you23 day's holiday, access to the company pension scheme and access to voluntary benefit options including; child care vouchers, share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle. All of this, in a professional but fun environment.
What we hope you will do next:
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - click apply now.
Capita operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.
Listen | Create | Deliver
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
If you are successful with your application, you will need complete Capita's vetting and screening checks. This will include, but not be limited to, Reference Checks, a Criminality Check, Financial Probity Check, Sanctions Check and Media Check.