Stobart Group have an exciting opportunity for a Procurement Manager to join their growing team based in Lamberhurst.
Job Title: Procurement Manager
Salary: Up To £50,000
Shift Pattern: 40 hrs per week 08:30 – 17:30
Stobart Group is an Infrastructure and Support Services business operating in the biomass energy, railway maintenance and aviation sectors as well as having investments in a property and logistics portfolio.
Stobart Energy is the number one supplier of biomass in the UK, our ability to source, process, supply and transport waste wood and other waste derived fuels, means that we are unique. This role will support all commercial activities across the sales & procurement teams and assist in key business decisions.
Procurement Manager – Responsibilities:
- To be the “Number 2” to the Procurement Director including being responsible for the running of the Procurement team in the Procurement Director’s absence
- To maintain good working relationships with all other areas of the business to ensure aware of key issues around the business
- To forecast procurement volumes for the biomass supply based on historical analysis and working with the Procurement team
- To manage, monitor and analyse the Supply and Demand Tracker
- To liaise with other areas of business e.g. Transport, Operations and Finance to ensure good communication and to flag any potential issues
- To ensure a detailed knowledge of all contractual supply relationships and how they impact on fuel supply agreements with renewable energy plants
- To analyse (via standard reports) the weekly and monthly delivery of procurement contracts against contract including notification and reporting of trends and identifying potential issues
- To identify, quantify and report on a regular basis any potential contractual downgrades using the data supplied by the QC team including the advising Finance of the amounts to be invoiced
- To remain up to date with market knowledge at all times including tenders
- To manage tender process from start to finish Systems
-To ensure a detailed knowledge of the CRM system in order to be the ‘CRM champion’ for the Procurement team
- To ensure a detailed knowledge of the new Blinx system when installed to maximise the opportunities it provides to report and monitor performance
Work with the Procurement team and the wider business to ensure all systems are being used as efficiently and effectively as possible.
- To proactively look for opportunities to streamline and simplify current reporting processes
- Responsible for reviewing data held in key systems to ensure integrity at all times
- Manage input of costs/prices into pricing matrix in Navision
- Manage the input of customer/vendor amendments and additions in Navision
- Monitoring of the approval of tickets on Navision prior to order being sent to suppliers/haulier
- To analyse and report on data in Navision and CRM database identifying any issues which require action
- Ad hoc reporting as requested by Procurement Director
- To monitor performance against financial budgets and liaise with the Energy Commercial Finance team as required
Monthly reporting for the Energy Board Meeting
- To analyse and monitor the current market and potential competitors
Procurement Manager - Key Skills and Experience:
- Professional and confident manner
- Ability to work within a team and under own initiative
- Ability to react efficiently under pressure
- Strong numerical capabilities
- Resilient and robust by nature
- Excellent people management
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent communication skills Desirable
- Biomass/Waste Wood experience is preferable
Procurement Manager – Qualifications:
- IT literate including Office packages
- Must be an advanced Excel user
- Educated to A-Level as a minimum
- Full driving licence Desirable
- Relevant degree
To submit your CV for this exciting Procurement Manager opportunity, please click ‘Apply’ now.
The successful will be rewarded with a package including company pension scheme and uniform.