Location: Somerset - Commutable from Bristol, Bath, Wiltshire and Gloucestershire
Salary: £38,000 - £45,000 per annum
Working within the overall global procurement strategy to support the Head of Strategic Procurement to implement the global procurement strategies ensuring effective supply of Corporate and Brand goods and services whilst delivering the best commercial approach that supports the 5 year plan & strategic drivers.
1. Ensure that all procurement processes and procedures are implemented
2. Assist in the delivery of the Corp and Brand Procurement Strategy
3. Delivery of significant targeted Savings and management of spend by proactively identifying opportunities with key Corporate and Brand stakeholders
4. Proactively manage the delivery of key contracts, tenders and quotations for allocated spend areas through leading and supporting multi-step strategic sourcing activities including RFP's, analysing RFP results and presenting recommendations to stakeholders across the organisation to ensure that the needs of the business are met in terms of quality of services, price and value.
5. Negotiate pricing and contract terms with suppliers and working with Legal to draft supplier agreements
6. Corporate and Brand Contract Management via the Contract Database
7. Provide assistance where required to ensure that the procurement team meets its obligations in respect of company, statutory and regulatory compliance (e.g. sustainable development).
8. Continuous risk and contract review, with actions taken to ensure exposure to supply risk is prudent
9. Day to day Supplier Relationship Management
10. SAP system compliance for spend area of responsibility
1. Successful implementation of Corp and Brand procurement strategies
2. Supplier Relationship Management and successful problem resolution
3. Achievement of objectives to drive value at every possible opportunity
4. Impacts on the uninterrupted supply of goods and services to internal customers are mitigated and managed
5. Key stakeholder relationships are maintained internally
6. Recognised internally and externally as a procurement professional
7. Continuous improvement analysis and innovations in procurement are embedded into operational activities to drive future efficiencies in conjunction with the Procurement Performance.
8. Suppliers are assessed to required standards;
9. Contracts are negotiated to ensure optimum costs and reliable supply and risks mitigated;
10. All disputed purchases of goods and services are resolved for the protection of the organisation and with fairness to the supplier.
* Degree educated or equivalent qualification/experience
* Detailed expert Goods & Services knowledge
* Category Management experience
* Experience of leading cross-functional teams through the delivery of Global procurement strategies with budgets in excess of £10m
* Experience of supporting professional Category Management processes
* Professional procurement experience within the spend area
* Experience of managing cross-functional & matrix teams
* Experience of supporting the management procurement processes spanning over multiple countries
* Experience of working in complex change management programmes
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please note that on this occasion your application has not been successful
Ambridge Harris is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Ambridge Harris will not discriminate on unlawful grounds.
Job ref - 22410