SF Group are currently recruiting a 6 month FTC Procurement Manager position based in Warwickshire for a leading global business, covering commercial fleet, engineering and capex spend categories. Salary is up to £50,000 DOE with a car/allowance + bonus and benefits.
The Procurement Manager is responsible for leading and managing commercial, contractual and supplier management activities relating to the supply of goods and services from external suppliers and subcontractors to the UK business unit. This team supports multiple business divisions with differing requirements and a strong link to global colleagues and procurement teams in other countries. Their aim is risk mitigation, cost management and innovation through supply chain partners to drive best in class, competitive delivery solutions for our customers.
The Procurement Manager is responsible for the management of a range of key categories which play a fundamental role in supporting the success of our business. This will be a challenging role in which you will have the all of the necessary Procurement skills to manage assigned category expenditure to ensure that annual agreed targets are delivered in full.
Your ability to work closely with budget holders and key stakeholders to develop and deploy sourcing strategies within a transformational environment will form an integral part of this role. Your commercial focus and continuous improvement mindset will support the business to drive cost from the operations and engage with supply partners to introduce new technology, innovation and ideas to deliver significant value to the business. Strong supplier management and demand management are required for this role in order to ensure continuity of supply to the various business operations.
To lead the Procurement activities within your area of responsibility. This will typically include:
- Forge strong working relationships with key suppliers and stakeholders
- Implement a clear business plan and deliver against the targets agreed
- Manage, coordinate and prioritise workload within your area of responsibility
- Communicate supply risks and mitigation proposals to Management and Stakeholders for consideration
- Lead all legal/contractual negotiations with suppliers to ensure that commercial propositions are secured upon the most favourable Terms & Conditions of business
- Manage the supplier selection process through to contract implementation
- Ensure contractual agreements are met in full by measuring & monitoring performance in terms of quality, cost, delivery and service, including stakeholder feedback
Offering strong contributions within the wider Procurement activities:
- Strong contribution towards the Annual Procurement Plan and achievement of annual performance targets
- Identify opportunities to contribute towards the cost reduction pipeline
- Sharing of knowledge, skills and best practices within the wider Procurement team
- Support the implementation of effective Procurement Policies & Procedures
- Monitor and report against agreed Key Performance Indicators and market trends
- Develop and implement category strategies in conjunction with the appropriate stakeholders
- Forge strong working relationships with the global Procurement and procurement teams in other countries as an integral part of leveraging and standardisation
Tactical Process Management
- Define, assess, qualify and evaluate Suppliers
- Strong stakeholder engagement when determining scope of works/service levels
- Manage RFX Process for assigned categories
- Prepare recommendations following commercial evaluation of Supplier's business proposals
- Implement Supplier development programs
Responsible for managing performance by:
- Measuring supplier's performance in line with agreed KPI's
- Contract management in accordance with agreed service levels
- Ongoing management of contracts and service level Agreements (SLA's)