Circa £45,000 plus bonus
Reporting to the Procurement Director the role is to manage the relationship between the company and its’ suppliers managing the £50m spend on equipment. In addition you will be involved in managing key strategic projects including scrap, warranty, spare parts, repairs and supplier performance measurement.
- Ideally a graduate with CIPS
- Strong negotiator with excellent systems and data knowledge to manage supplier spend and cost pricing
- Has the procurement functional/technical knowledge and skills to perform the role at a high level
- Uses logic and proven methodology to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; can see hidden problems; looks beyond the obvious and doesn't stop at first answers
- Relates well to all kinds of people; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even difficult situations
- Can be counted on to achieve or exceed KPIs/objectives; consistently a top performer; steadfastly pushes self and others
- Negotiate supply and service level agreements with suppliers
- Product Pricing Management: Establish the correct pricing of items procured and ensure that this is reflected within the systems of the business. Identify where incorrect pricing or changes to current pricing occurs and action. Analyse the merchandiser and invoicing reports to identify errors or issues, and either take necessary corrective action or notify the relevant person to take corrective measures.
- Supplier Assessment: Support the process of supplier assessment including with provision of qualitative and quantitative information on supply performance.
- Contract Liaison: In partnership with others, identify opportunities to improve the product offering to those contracts assigned, both through beneficial pricing and/or functionality and performance. Organise, attend and support equipment assessment and selection with assigned contracts.
- Manage key strategic projects such as scrapping, spare parts and repairs, warranties, supplier performance measurement and supplier consolidation
- Travel and overnight stays are required in this role Benefits
- Competitive salary and bonus
- Holiday 25 days + bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Childcare vouchers
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job