We are the UK’s leading grounds maintenance and landscaping company and recipient of the Queen’s Award for Enterprise (Innovation). We have recently been recognised by the London Stock Exchange as one of the 1,000 companies to inspire Europe; one of only 170 selected from the UK.
Our core purpose is to create and maintain external environments that are safe and enjoyable for all. Through our absolute focus on customer service and outstanding delivery, we are the most respected company in our chosen field. We inspire each other to be the best that we can be.
To help continue our success and growth we have a fabulous opportunity for an experienced Procurement Manager to join our rapidly growing business.
Using your skills as a procurement expert, you will develop, implement and manage the procurement strategy for the Ground Control business. Through challenging the status quo and having win-win negotiations with our supply chain, you will obtain optimum control, value and service whilst finding savings across the business. You will have a passion for people and will lead and develop a customer focussed team, whose quality of work, speed and accuracy ensures their internal customers turn to them first for procurement support.
Outcomes against which you will be measured:
Supply Chain Management
- Through a thorough diagnostic process, identify and develop Category Plans aligned with the business requirements. Partner with stakeholders to gain support for category plans, including your internal customers and, when relevant, existing suppliers.
- Identify and track a sustainable savings programme within each category. Proactively report on both potential and achieved savings.
- Negotiate contractual agreements with suppliers that ensure value and service levels are optimised; you will confidently lead in complex and difficult conversations and negotiations.
- Ensure that value and savings are realised through supplier relationship management frameworks. Implement and maintain Balance Scorecards for our top suppliers and regularly engage with them to review and update.
- Maintain and regularly update a detailed spend graph across the business. Continually challenge poor decisions and work in partnership with stakeholders to improve the procurement culture.
- Regularly review and update all relevant procurement policies, implementing new ones as necessary to ensure the business is making best use of resources, your team and is compliant within the law.
- Direct and manage the procurement team, providing clear and motivational leadership and developing team capability to deliver against objectives set.
- Role model the behaviours you want to see; jumping in to problem solve when necessary and clearly demonstrating the Ground Control Values.
- Ensure your team are delivering their client needs by recruiting, developing and retaining "A Players". "A Players" are people who deliver high performance and have high potential.
- Monitor, develop and manage KPIs for your team to ensure productivity is maintained.
- Your internal customers are critical - demonstrate improvements in the customer focus of your team and ensure all business requirements are met in a timely and friendly manner.
- Maintain staff turnover consistently <20% and ensure Staff Engagement Scores are consistently improving year on year.
- Continually develop all staff through training, mentoring and ensuring all staff have a development plan.
Our values are the key to our ongoing success and we are looking for passionate candidates with like-minded values of:
- A desire to win
- Delivering outstanding customer service
- Innovation and embracing change
- Valuing each other
- Acting with integrity and honouring our commitments
- Seeking value in everything we do
If this is you and should you have a desire to join a highly successful and inspirational business, that shares your life values, we absolutely want to hear from you!
- Business Requirements
- Supply Chain Management