Are you an experienced Procurement Manager looking for a new challenge? Are you looking to work for a successful, expanding company based in the Somerset countryside?
Our client is a highly respected company who design, manufacture and sell their own ranges throughout the UK and abroad. The role has a high degree of responsibility and will involve leading procurement activities in areas of T&C’s, cost reduction programmes, bid management, benchmarking and supplier development & performance monitoring. In return for your hard work and loyalty you will receive a very competitive salary and benefits.
Duties of the Procurement Manager role will include the following:
- You will be working closely with the Design and Sales teams to introduce the best suppliers, at the earliest opportunity, in the design of company products and at the bid stage to reduce risk and enhance the company’s competitiveness.
- Driving supply base into a competitive position to reduce costs whilst ensuring fit for purpose quality.
- Investigating potential new sources.
- Negotiating payment terms and improve company cash flow.
- Implementing and monitor supplier long term agreements.
- Working closely with shipping, import, export and finance teams to ensure all documentation is available and is properly recorded.
To be considered for the role you need to have experience in:
- Procurement management within a low/medium volume manufacturing environment, along with proven success in improving supplier performance and achieving year on year cost savings.
- Evidence of excellent communication and interpersonal skills at all levels.
- Experience and understanding of Consignment stock; Lineside deliveries; Kan-bans and setting stock parameters.
Our client looks for employees with these skills:
- Able to lead and motivate individuals and develop teamwork
- Super organised, with an ability to multi task and prioritise
- Dynamic, highly motivated and able to work under pressure
- Reliable, committed and able to work independently
- Professional, friendly and able to work well within a team
- Eager and enthusiastic, pro-active with a can do attitude and hands on approach
- A first class communicator, both verbal and written
- Computer literate in MS Office with the ability to understand and interrogate ERP/MRP systems.
First 2 Recruit Ltd is an Employment Agency who provide permanent and fixed term contract services and an Employment Business who provide temporary services as defined under the Employment Agencies Act 1973. First 2 Recruit Ltd will collect the personal details which job seekers provide to us for the purposes of providing job seekers with work-finding services. In providing this service to job seekers we may need to transfer their personal details to our client companies.
First 2 Recruit Ltd is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to a policy of treating all its employees and job applicants equally regardless of race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, national origin, religion or belief, gender, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, age or perceived age, marital or civil partnership status or disability.
This electronic message contains information that is confidential and termed "personal data" under the Data Protection Act 1998. This electronic message is intended for the use of the addressee(s) only. If you are not the intended addressee, any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this message is prohibited and may be unlawful. Disclosure to any party other than the addressee, whether inadvertent or otherwise is not intended to waive privilege or confidentiality.
- Cost Reduction
- Supplier Development
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job