The DS Smith Packaging Division is looking for a Procurement Manager to join the team. The Procurement Manager will ideally be based in the Midlands but nationwide applications will be considered and will be responsible for managing spend across multiple category areas and efficiency projects, ensuring alignment to the requirements of DS Smith Packaging Division. The Procurement Manager will also be accountable for the delivery of key performance targets and benefits.
You must possess a strong knowledge of category management, with experience of developing, implementing and maintaining innovative category strategies. It is important that you have experience of managing and delivering procurement projects through multisite network as your key accountabilities will include;
• Develop category and supplier plans in line with the business needs and secure appropriate management agreement and support.
• Develop appropriate commercial relationships with preferred and new suppliers, in areas including, trading terms, service level agreements, product specification and quality etc.
• Develop appropriate internal relationships for the successful implementation of Group, Regional and local category plans.
• Develop ways of working and processes with sites to support all areas of procurement activity and best practice.
• Communicate plans to senior management teams and key stakeholders as appropriate, including written, verbal and presentation methods.
• Ensure that the company’s best interests are represented at all times.
• Follow the Procurement best practise policies and procedures.
If you have the following skills and experience we would be keen to hear from you;
• Strong knowledge of category management with experience of developing, implementing and maintaining innovative category strategies.
• FMCG experience or knowledge
• Experience of managing and delivering procurement projects through multi-site network.
• Previous experience of working in corporate procurement environment.
• Strong commercial awareness, strong negotiation skills, strong communication skills
• Ability to build networks and effective working relationships
• Self-motivated and able to work independently as well as part of a team
• Ability to travel extensively
About DS Smith...
DS Smith is a leading supplier of recycled packaging, both within the UK market and throughout Europe. A FTSE 250 listed business with a turnover in excess of £4 billion. The organisation employs over 26,000 people worldwide & is continuing to grow both organically & through acquisition.
•25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
•Annual cycle to work scheme
Please submit a copy of your current CV, along with a cover letter, detailing a synopsis of your CV & summarising the key points of your experience that are relevant to the role for which you are applying.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job