Procurement Manager (Subcontract Buyer)
£30,000 to £45,000 per annum +package
My Client undertakes projects across a variety of construction sectors, including research and development, commercial, manufacturing, automotive, healthcare, and education. Offering such a diverse spectrum of service has enabled them to move with - and adapt to - changing market trends, resulting in controlled growth for the business in spite of the recent recession.
The main purpose of this procurement role will be to ensure that the company is achieving the best discounts possible through a leverage purchasing mechanism, utilising existing Group supply chain and ad-hoc arrangements with one off supplies. You will manage the PQQ procurement process of new subcontractor applications and assist with the cost analysis and build up within the estimating function of tendering new contracts.
- Procurement activities, systems and procedures and Introduction of efficiencies within the procurement of goods.
- Negotiate greater discounts based on the workload of the division.
- Ensuring that Sub-contractor applications for Approved lists are processed in a timely manner and to exacting timeframes.
- Ensure that the best possible market tested material costs are obtained for the business
- Send out company pre qualification documents and evaluate upon return, strictly in line with company procedures.
- In conjunction with above carry out interviews of proposed new subcontractors.
- Sourcing materials and negotiating discounts.
- Sourcing and or making contact with specialist subcontractors with a view employing their services.
- Maintaining up to date and accurate records of subcontractors and specialists to aid commercial and bids teams.
- From time to time carry out quality checks across company in relation to services provided by subcontractors and specialists.
On offer to the successful Procurement Manager is an attractive salary that is £Negotiable depending on experience alongside the opportunity to work with a thriving and dynamic business with a fantastic community & ethos for staff retention
If you feel that you have the relevant experience to be successful in this position and would like to find out more please call Ryan Pearson on or email your CV to
All applications will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence
If you feel that you have the relevant experience to be successful in this position and would like to find out more please apply online today attaching a copy of your current CV.
Due to the vast amount of applications that we receive, it is not possible for us to contact all applicants; therefore only suitable candidates will be contacted. If you do not hear anything back within 7 days of submitting your application, you have unfortunately not been selected.
Linsco are an Equal Opportunities employer. All applications will be dealt with in the strictest confidence.
- cost analysis
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job