An opportunity has arisen with a market-leading UK business for an experienced Procurement Manager to join a well-established and high performing Procurement function based at the company headquarters in Birmingham. The role is initially for a fixed term of 12 months with the option of it then going permanent. As an FM Procurement Specialist, you will work closely with the Senior Procurement Manager to identify and implement value based sourcing strategies across the business. You will also be required to work collaboratively and influentially with senior stakeholders to deliver on some crucial projects across the term of your contract.
Your category responsibilities may include any of the following and will vary according priorities of the business;
- Cleaning Supplies, Services and Equipment
- Pest Control Supplies, Services and Equipment
- Landscape and Grounds Maintenance Supplies, Services and Equipment
- Security Supplies, Services and Equipment
- General Uniform/Workwear
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Medical Supplies
- Significant commercial procurement experience
- Proven experience in a category driven procurement environment
- A track record of successfully managing Facilities Management spend (Soft Services) in at least 3 of the sub-categories listed above
- First class personal, written and verbal communication skills as well as tact, diplomacy and negotiating expertise dealing with a wide range of knowledgeable clients, suppliers, and colleagues
- Experience working in a fast paced and complex role involving a high level of interface with a diverse range of stakeholders and customers
- Demonstrable influencing and negotiation skills with stakeholders and suppliers at varying levels of seniority
- Educated to degree level
- MCIPS qualified
- Experience in a managed services environment
Excellent role with an Employer of Choice. Further details available upon application.
- Procurement Purchasing "Category Manager" "Facilities Management" FM "Soft Services" "Senior Buyer"