Procurement Manager / Supply Chain Manager (Meat, Food Service)
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Procurement Manager / Purchasing Manager to join a leading family run Meat and Catering Food Service company, who have over a 100 history; this is an opportunity not to be missed!
Salary: £55,000- £65,000++ + benefits DOE and the value and experience you can bring.
As a seasoned Purchasing or Procurement Manager you will be passionate about the food service industry, specifically working with meat that is being sold into the catering and wholesale sectors. This is a busy environment with over a 1000 orders placed daily.
You will manage all purchasing activity, bringing broad procurement expertise and guidance, including procurement contracts and frameworks to ensure scheduling and quality standards are met within the supply chain. You will also manage, develop and source new suppliers, be involved with NPD and much more!
Procurement Manager Role and Responsibilities
- The purpose of this role is to manage all procurement activities for the site, including the buying of meat and liaising with the wholesale business, including maximizing savings to the business and meeting compliance policy's.
- Support managers with all their procurement requirements, manage the procurement framework and work with managers and suppliers to comply with the procurement approach and drive best practice.
- Provide management with high quality analysis and MI of the organization's procurement activities in order to inform strategic decision making
Responsibilities will include
- Source, purchase and maintain stock levels to provide goods and services in line with budget.
- Manage supplier relationships and negotiations to ensure delivery schedules are met and quality standards are achieved, involving visits to suppliers.
- Play an integral part in ensuring that customers' expectations are met in full and on time.
- Manage the sourcing of new products against NPD projects or trial products and you will be integral within planning meetings to ensure stakeholders are aware of any supplier issues.
- Report and present to the Board monthly on purchasing strategy savings and general market.
- Working with Planning department ensure Business Stock levels are achieved and maintained
- Work closely with Production team on primal yield analysis
- Source new suppliers direct from producers/manufacturers
- Build and develop working relationships with wholesale procurement team.
- Active involvement in weekly stock taking
- Support Sales team with New product requests
- Utilise and develop the procurement system and management information to develop efficiencies within the procurement team.
- Management and development of the procurement team
Ideal candidates will be coming from a proven Procurement background within fresh chilled meat and poultry ideally. You will naturally demonstrate an ability build strong working relationships with managers, production and suppliers. You will also have significant Supplier management and Supply Chain knowledge.
For more information and an immediate response send your CV now.
Location: Greater Manchester, Lancashire area.
Salary: £55,000- £65,000 + benefits + car
WR Support Services are the #1 recruitment partner for supply chain, procurement and marketing staff, recruiting UK wide.
WR is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'