Role - Procurement Manager – Global Innovation and Drinks Ingredients
Location – Dunstable
Opening date – 23rd May 2018
Closing date – 20th June 2018
Salary – Competitive salary plus benefits package
We have an exciting opportunity for Procurement Manager to join our Group Transformation team. You be responsible for working with the Global Innovation Team to develop the right global drinks strategy and manage the process to ensure that this is delivered. This will include delivering the right product proposition for each of the Costa markets that meet the needs of our customers and grow beverage (and food) sales and margin
Whitbread is the UK's leading hospitality company in the FTSE 100 including brands such as Costa Coffee, Beefeater & Premier Inn. By 2020, our goal is to achieve global system sales of around £2.5bn for Costa, and to increase the number of Premier Inn UK rooms to an incredible 85,000. All while creating around 3,000 UK jobs a year and continuing to expand our presence worldwide. There has never been a more exciting time to Whitbread!
What you will be doing
- Responsible for the application of best practice procurement across the breadth & depth of the categories including provision of market insight, development of category strategies & associated sourcing plans, tendering, negotiation and supplier management
- Accountable for the sourcing of drinks ingredients, including hot chocolate and tea for Whitbread Group, including the selection, appointment and management of key suppliers.
- Responsible for working with the Force for Good team and Group Food & Beverage Policy Manager to ensure our Responsible Sourcing commitments regarding your products are delivered
- Development & implementation of appropriate supplier management activities for all key suppliers across the portfolio.
- Develop strong relationships with key stakeholders and senior Executives as appropriate.
This role requires international travel approximately 20% of the time
What we are looking for
- Previous food & beverage related procurement experience
- Highly credible in front of the Executive, senior Property stakeholders and the executives of key suppliers
- Procurement strategy development and implementation experience
- Fully conversant with a broad range of sourcing strategies required to category
- Must be fluent in Mandarin or Cantonese
- Relationship Management – Able to build strong, value-adding relationships with internal customers
- Procurement execution skills (business requirements analysis, market analysis, sourcing strategy, tender, negotiation, contract award, supplier management etc.)
- Conversant with business financial accounting and able to analyse and report data effectively to key financial stakeholders
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job