Procurement Manager - FTC 12 months
Your new role
Reporting to the Head of Corporate Service within the Commercial and Procurement directorate, you will be responsible for managing a portfolio of procurement services to several corporate service directorates including Human Resources, Facilities Management and Communications.
You will execute direct and indirect procurement plans for complex projects valued around £50m, in order to ensure that projects are in line with governance and company procedure and are undertaken efficiently. Operating in a matrix management cross functional structure you will utilise your excellent communication skills to engage with a range of senior stakeholders to ensure procurement services are successfully delivered.
We offer this role as a fixed term contract or secondment for 12 months from our central Birmingham office. This is a great opportunity to join the team and raise your profile in the Procurement sector, managing complex services and engaging with key stakeholders across Highways England and our Supply Chain!
What you'll be leading on
* Responsible for being a source of expertise and advice on procurement strategy, supplier relationships, contract, procurement policy and procedures and operations to colleagues and business partners in order to support an efficient procurement process
* Work with project teams and managers to agree and write the procurement plan for projects, ensuring that this aligns with procurement guidelines and procurement regulations
* Take responsibility for ensuring that appropriate contractual governance is in place and that there is a consistent approach in order to protect Highways England
* Attend and facilitate Consensus meetings in order to bring together senior stakeholders, guiding the meeting to ensure that consensus is reached on the best course of action, using strong negotiation skills to align minds, using both facts and recommendations based on experience
* Take forward innovation and best practice in area of responsibility through identifying options and opportunities and implementing appropriate action to drive continuous improvement
* Manage and maintain effective supply chain relationships with key suppliers and supply bodies at regional levels to get the best value for Highways England
To be successful
* You will have demonstrable experience within Procurement/ Supply Chain function with knowledge of the procurement lifecycle and commercial implications, both pre and post contract
* You will have knowledge of regulations supporting procurement and a good understanding of governance and legislation surrounding procurement internally and externally
* You actively build, maintain and nurture relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders
* Proven track record in leading major procurement exercises and or contract development work
* You will have strong project management skills (PRINCE2 desirable)
You will be partially or fully qualified Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply
A bit about us
There's never been a better time to join our Commercial and Procurement team.
We're a growing, vibrant team helping to drive the most ambitious roads investment programme our country has ever seen.. You'll be involved in the design of our modern, progressive contracts and partnerships, negotiating best commercial terms, galvanizing innovation and producing smart cost estimates and plans. Building in every opportunity to ensure that our customers and road workers get home safe and well every day while travelling or working on our road network.
Why you should join us
At Highways England we believe in a connected country. We are passionate about creating a culture where colleagues feel connected, included and enjoy greater wellbeing to achieve this. We're proud that as an organisation we are continually striving to do better and actively encourage and support our colleagues to do the same with their careers.
So if you put safety first, take ownership of your work, show passion for what you do, work effectively in a team, and demonstrate integrity in how you do it - then you'll be a great fit for our organisation.
And finally we reserve the right to close before the advertised closing date, so we recommend completing your application as soon as possible.
- Purchasing Manager
- Contract Administration
- Procurement Manager
- Pre Contract
- Post Contract
- Corporate Services.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'