We are looking to recruit a Procurement Manager to join a well-established highly regarded charity based in the heart of St Albans. Within this role you will be working towards a very clear strategy for purchasing goods and services.
You’ll be responsible for formulating and driving a consistent approach to purchasing and sourcing within the charity, ensuring cost savings and value for money.
Maintaining and identifying opportunities to make purchasing arrangement efficiencies will be key, together with a review of the current purchasing processes, making recommendations where necessary aligned to the organisational strategy.
The company offers a fair, inclusive and supportive working environment with excellent benefits!
- Research new suppliers and product services
- Liaise internally to determine product and service needs
- Lead on supplier negotiations and contractual arrangements
- Build relationships to negotiate competitive pricing
- Monitor trends and product availability
- Provide relevant statistical information
- Monitor suppliers performance
- Introduce a formal tendering process
- Set purchasing policies
- You’ll be a strong negotiator with relevant experience and knowledge, preferably within a Registered Social Landlord or Social Housing environment with purchasing under OJEU regulations.
- You will keep up to date with relevant legislation and best practice to identify and implement ways to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of our procurement processing.
- Organised, with excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to meet deadlines, take ownership and objectives
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Proficient use of all Microsoft packages, including Excel and PowerPoint
- Positive 'can do’ attitude
Benefits: 25 days holiday, free parking, pension, life assurance, an excellent training package and a great team to work with!
- Social Housing
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job