Health and high quality care for all, now and for future generations
NHS England leads the National Health Service (NHS) in England. We set the priorities and direction of the NHS and encourage and inform the national debate to improve health and care.
Our mission is good health and high quality care for all, now and for future generations. Our vision is that everyone has greater control of their health and their wellbeing, supported to live longer, healthier lives by high quality health and care services that are compassionate, inclusive and constantly-improving. Our purpose is to create the culture and conditions for health and care services and staff to deliver the highest standard of care and ensure that valuable public resources are used effectively to get the best outcomes for individuals, communities and society for now and for future generations. Our values are enshrined in the NHS Constitution underpin all that we do:
- Respect to the quality of care
- Improving lives
- Working together for patients
- Everyone counts
NHS England is creating a new Commercial and Procurement department with the aims of ensuring the non-clinical procurement function and processes within the organisation are fit for purpose; and for developing and implementing effective strategies and operational policies for promoting innovation in procurement in an organisation that shares out more than £100 billion in funds across England. Innovation is critical to enabling NHS England to achieve the ambitions set out in its mandate, to ramp up the pace and scale of change, and deliver better outcomes for patients in England.
Reporting into the Senior Procurement Manager, you will work as part of a dynamic commercial team delivering an effective Category led end to end Procurement service for all Corporate Spend across the organisation. Your responsibilities will include:
- Providing support to the Senior Procurement Manager in ensuring that category management principles are used correctly across one or more assigned categories;
- Managing part of the procurement activity for one or more categories on behalf of the entire NHS England organisation to drive maximum sustainable benefit and efficiencies;
- Building and developing a reputation for the Commercial function as the Centre of excellence for Procurement activity by identifying and delivering against an agreed savings programme;
- Employing a robust set of tools, processes and innovative solutions across the commercial lifecycle that drive value for money from every commercial decision;
- Building relationships with key stakeholders across the NHS landscape and ensuring that all Procurement activities are conducted in a professional manner following EU guidelines to minimise the risk of any supplier challenge and that all relevant procurement templates are used to ensure a professional and consistent approach the team;
To succeed, you will be MCIPS qualified with excellent knowledge of public sector procurement (ideally in Health). You will be a strong negotiator and have experience of best in class commercial principles, processes and practices including robust and thorough category management deployment. For all roles, candidates must have strong stakeholder engagement skills and be tenacious and excited by the scale of transformation to which you and your team will contribute.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job