Procurement Intern Based in Grimsby Competitive Salary with excellent benefits and prospects
Your new company
A global organisation based in Grimsby
Your new role
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a global business based in Grimsby on a 6 month internship in the Procurement team, with the opportunity of this turning into a permanent opportunity after the 6 month period.
As Procurement Intern you'll be responsible for:
- Assist in the preparation of request for proposals and quotations utilising suppliers from the appropriate company Approved Suppliers Database
- Compilation of data relating to supplier responses, highlighting inconsistences and differences, presenting information and responses in a manor to enable evaluation.
- Carrying out initial supplier evaluations to establish recommendations for designated procurement exercises
- Support Buyers & Purchasing Manager in negotiations with selected suppliers to enable contract award.
- Raise Purchase Orders for Material requirements in line with company policies and procedures.
- Work with and advise Project Teams on material specifications and alternatives where appropriate.
- Provide regular inputs to reports on procurement betterment and supplier performance
What you'll need to succeed
- A graduate or undergraduate within ideally and Engineering, Chemical, Manufacturing, Procurement or Supply Chain discipline
- Excellent analytical and IT skills, with a measured approach to decision making
- The ability to adopt a pragmatic, yet disciplined approach to process compliance, is essential
- An interest in Procurement & Supply Chain
- Willingness to learn
- Excellent communication skills; both written and verbal
- Demonstrates a passion and excitement for his/her work. Tackles problems head-on and works to resolve them without delay.
What you'll get in return
A competitive salary
Excellent benefits package
Opportunity to learn and develop in an exciting and rewarding division
Ongoing training and support
An opportunity for a permanent position at the end of the 6 month internship
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
- supply chain
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'