As the Governance Manager, the post holder will work as part of a dynamic Commercial team providing an effective Procurement Governance & Assurance service across the entire organisation to drive maximum compliance, strengthened financial controls and improved Governance.
The post holder will lead the provision of an efficient, effective and high quality professional and well co-ordinated Governance service capable of meeting all statutory and regulatory requirements ensuring alignment with the activity of the organisation.
The post holder will be responsible for:-
- Managing the team’s business support function, including developing and managing the team’s annual business plan, progress and dashboard reporting and risk and issue management
- Liaising with functions with the Sector
- Managing all corporate business returns, including planning and workforce returns
- Developing and implementing a content management system to ensure information is properly managed and best practice is shared across the team, Directorate and the wider NHS organisations
- Taking a lead in the coordination of training and development and recruitment activity across the Department or Directorate.
- Oversight and management of all aspects of the Department or Directorate budgets
- To support the Commercial Support and Assurance Lead to ensure that the organisation is compliant across all stages of procurement including OJEU requirements
- To support the Commercial Support and Assurance Lead to ensure that all internal and external Commercial documentation meets the required consistency, policy and regulatory Governance
To succeed, you will have good knowledge of leading procurement practice Governance & Assurance principles, processes and practices including robust and thorough governance implementation. You will have a proven knowledge of the designing and development of a governance and assurance function within a strategic procurement function. You will have a proven experience of implementing leading practice governance policies and processes across a You will have exceptional influencing skills with a real strategic outlook.