Procurement Finance Manager - F&B/Property, Finance, £60-65k + up to 30% bonus and benefits
What will you be doing?
We have a brand new opportunity for a qualified accountant to join our finance team, business partnering the Heads of Procurement for F&B and Property and supporting the Group Procurement Director. Our Procurement Finance Manager will support negotiations with suppliers and ensure negotiated outcomes benefit the Whitbread business.
Taking a holistic approach, this will involve internal and market analysis and insight, commercial understanding and financial modelling. As the finance stakeholder on procurement development projects, you will own the procurement budgets, costs and savings in your areas. You will work across multiple functions in each of the Whitbread business units to ensure one version of the truth in reporting outcomes.
Our Procurement Finance Manager will play a pivotal role in helping us to drive a culture where procurement is future facing and an externally referenced team, ensuring we are constantly aware of synergy opportunities across the Group. Curious by nature, and highly driven, you will drive an integrated value chain way of working to unlock Group Transformation opportunities on top of Everyday Efficiency deliverables into the brands.
You will challenge and provide support to the Procurement Heads, ensuring the Procurement teams support the brands work in a consistent and efficient way to optimise the value add for Whitbread. You will work with stakeholders to ensure a holistic view of decisions is considered, reflecting both procurement and its impacts on the business via finance colleagues. Using tools such as Procurement Leaders, SPEND Analytics and D&B our Procurement Finance Manager will provide excellent insight into product, market and supplier performance, providing a rounded understanding of new trends, demands and opportunities.
Responsible for leading the budgeting and forecasting process with the Head of F&B Procurement and the senior team, you will ensure that cost and inflation drivers are robust, well understood, agreed and applied across all brands. You will lead the hedging strategy for the F&B Procurement team and the impacts it may have on the sourcing strategies for the team, working closely with the Group Treasury team.
Why we would like you to apply
- A fully qualified accountant with 3-5 years PQE, your acute intelligence, natural numeracy and business acumen will be underpinned by a strong and relevant degree qualification (or similar) at a 2:1 or above
- You are able to challenge others whilst building and maintaining strong relationships
- Your experience in a fast-paced customer facing industries has given you rounded technical skills with expertise across a range of technical accounting and financial areas
- You get excited when you spot an opportunity; using your commercial grasp to make an incisive judgement on uncertain data
- Rigorous analysis is second nature to you; you have a structured, methodical and broad-minded approach to business analysis with excellent insight into the drivers of profit
- You have a sound strategic grasp of planning/strategic roles, and of adding value to the business through excellent commercial judgements
- Your ability to influence is impeccable; you have experience of using your interpersonal skills to influence, educate and shape operational decision making
- Previous roles you have held have been actively integrated into the business, where you played a key role in driving business success
A bit about us:
At Whitbread, we are fully committed to growing legendary brands through building a strong customer heartbeat and innovating to stay ahead. Our winning teams delight customers so they come back time and time again which, along with our focus on everyday efficiency, drives profitable growth.
Every day our fantastic team members serve up great memories in our restaurants and wow guests through a great night’s sleep in our hotels. We pride ourselves on providing consistent quality and service. We’re continually innovating to meet our guests’ evolving needs whilst being committed to creating a great place to work for our team members.
Premier Inn and hub by Premier Inn currently have over 750 hotels across the UK offering over 70,000 rooms. Our aim is to make this 85,000 by the end of 2020! We have hotels in the Middle East and having opened our 1st hotel in Germany with more sites in the pipeline.
Our much loved restaurant brands include Beefeater, Brewers Fayre, Table Table and Whitbread Inns. Alongside these, our new propositions Bar + Block and Cookhouse & Pub are both growing at pace. We have over 420 restaurants across the UK offering the highest level of service.
We have recently celebrated our 275th anniversary when Samuel Whitbread founded our business on a set of principles and although our core business has changed over the years we stay true these with our values:
- Genuine - we really care about customers
- Confident - we strive to be the best at what we do
- Committed - we work hard for each other
We are excited about what the future holds and would love you to join us on this exciting journey!
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job