Procurement Finance Manager / Finance Business Partner
Based out of Whitbread Court, Dunstable
£60,000 - £65,0000 plus excellent benefits including up to 30% annual bonus
This is a brand new opportunity for a commercially-minded qualified accountant to join a fast paced and dynamic new team that will be driving forward change and improvements for key business areas
This is an influential role business partnering our Heads of Procurement for Food & Beverage, and for Property. Highly significant business areas for our FTSE 100 hospitality business. After all, there'd be no restaurants without food - and no hotels without property! This role will also be in the line of sight of our Group Procurement Director and supporting negotiations with our suppliers to ensure outcomes benefit the Whitbread business.
What will you be doing?
Taking a holistic approach, this new role will give you the opportunity to undertake internal and market analysis, combined with best-in-class financial modelling, with the aim of delivering meaningful insight to your stakeholders. Whilst also allowing you to develop your own commercial understanding and reputation within our industry leading business.
As the finance stakeholder on procurement development projects, we will look to you to own the procurement budgets, costs and savings in your areas. Working across multiple diverse functions in each of our branded businesses to ensure one version of the truth in reporting outcomes.
This role is pivotal role in helping us to drive a culture where procurement is both future facing, and an externally referenced team. Ensuring we are constantly aware of synergy opportunities across the Group. Curious by nature, and highly driven, we'll support you to drive an integrated value chain way of working that will unlock Group Transformation opportunities on top of Everyday Efficiency.
Why we would love you to apply:-
- You're a fully qualified accountant with 3-5 years PQE with acute intelligence, natural numeracy, and business acumen. These traits will be underpinned by a strong and relevant degree qualification (or similar) at a 2:1 or above
- You'll be confident to challenge others whilst building and maintaining strong relationships
- Your experience in fast-paced customer facing industries will have given you rounded technical skills and expertise across a range of technical accounting and financial areas
- You get excited when you spot an opportunity; using your commercial grasp to make an incisive judgement on uncertain data
- Rigorous analysis is second nature to you; you have a structured, methodical and broad-minded approach to business analysis with excellent insight into the drivers of profit
- You have a sound strategic grasp of planning/strategic roles, and of adding value to the business through excellent commercial judgements
- Your ability to influence is impeccable; you have experience of using your interpersonal skills to influence, educate and shape operational decision making
- Previous roles you have held have been actively integrated into the business, where you played a key role in driving business success
A bit about us:
At Whitbread, we are fully committed to growing legendary brands through building a strong customer heartbeat and innovating to stay ahead. Our winning teams delight customers so they come back time and time again which, along with our focus on everyday efficiency, drives profitable growth.
Every day our fantastic team members serve up great memories in our restaurants and wow guests through a great night’s sleep in our hotels. We pride ourselves on providing consistent quality and service. We’re continually innovating to meet our guests’ evolving needs whilst being committed to creating a great place to work for our team members.
Premier Inn and hub by Premier Inn currently have over 750 hotels across the UK offering over 70,000 rooms. Our aim is to make this 85,000 by the end of 2020! We have hotels in the Middle East and having opened our 1st hotel in Germany with more sites in the pipeline.
Our much loved restaurant brands include Beefeater, Brewers Fayre, Table Table and Whitbread Inns. Alongside these, our new propositions Bar + Block and Cookhouse & Pub are both growing at pace. We have over 420 restaurants across the UK offering the highest level of service.
We have recently celebrated our 275th anniversary when Samuel Whitbread founded our business on a set of principles and although our core business has changed over the years we stay true these with our values:
- Genuine - we really care about customers
- Confident - we strive to be the best at what we do
- Committed - we work hard for each other
We are excited about what the future holds and would love you to join us on this exciting journey!
#LI - CL1
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job