Procurement Engineer/Project Buyer -Tevva Motors have a fantastic opportunity for Procurement Engineer/Project Buyer to be a part of our growing team based in Chelmsford. Using your skills you will deliver game-changing, clean-truck technology. Delivering on climate change, improving air quality, reducing GHG, and particulate emissions and making a real and measurable difference
You will report to the Chief Operating Officer manage the procurement process within a fast-paced business environment on behalf of Engineering and Operations, identify and validate suppliers, agree system and component specifications with engineering, define appropriate manufacturing strategies for prototype and low volume production, negotiate price and terms ensuring timely delivery on a cost and quality basis.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Liaise with engineering on System and Component specification. Review drawing packs, specifications and performance requirements
- Define manufacturing processes for prototype and low volume production
- Develop an appropriate supply chain
- Manage the procurement process from quotation to receipt of goods
- Price negotiation, terms and conditions of purchase, compliance standards and inspection definition with suppliers
- Order placement and expediting
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and attributes:
- Experience in an engineering, procurement and operations
- Ability to analyse bills of material and drawings to understand key requirements
- Ability to identify cost reduction opportunities
- Previous experience within a similar role
- Excellent attention to details
- Ability to work unsupervised and use initiative
- Positive ‘can do’ attitude
As the successful Procurement Engineer/Project Buyer you will be able to multi task and prioritise whilst maintaining excellent attention to detail. This role requires strong communication skills and the ability to work to deadlines. You will be computer literate including knowledge of or experience with Microsoft Office programs.
This a full-time position working 40 hours per week with additional hours available. We are offering a competitive salary of £35,000 - £45,000 depending on experience. You will also receive 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays (some days will have to be kept during the Christmas period due to office closures) and will be offered a pension scheme, health scheme and life insurance. We are a fun, family run business with amazing staff facilities and enjoy building professional relationships in an enjoyable way.
If you have the relevant skills and experience and would like to be considered for this opportunity, we would like to hear from you. Please apply by forwarding an up to date CV as soon as possible.
This vacancy is being advertised and handled by Spider. The regions Fixed Fee Web Recruiter and Online Job Advertiser. We provide an online recruitment advertising and employee selection service in Suffolk, Norfolk, Essex, Cambridgeshire and beyond.
Additional keywords: Software, Engineer, Hardware, Degree, Senior
By applying for this role, you give permission for Spider to submit your personal information contained within your CV or any other relevant information you provide in order for the prospective employer outlined within this advertisement to review your application for the specific role applied for.