This job has ended. Find similar jobs.
Responsibilities to include:
• Bench marking and comparing product ranges and prices between suppliers.
• Identifying suppliers of product/service types and groups in order to target and include in competitive tendering and quotation programmes
• Research alternative brands; evaluate suitability with relevant department managers
• Maintain a register of detailed specifications for the products for which we seek suppliers
• Collate pricing information received from suppliers; analyse and compare suppliers pricing and alternative product options
• Establish stock availability and delivery lead times, to assess suitability of supplier to support the Trust
• Liaise with companies and suppliers to request the use of trial products
• Produce cost/product comparison reports
• Coordinate supplier presentations with relevant internal stakeholders.
• Develop and maintain a procurement database (recording product, price, quantity, supplier etc)
• Analyse price variances and purchasing trends, to inform procurement strategy
• Track procurement savings; produce internal reporting to the Board
• Develop and maintain internal purchasing stock catalogue
• Support the development of a purchasing framework to be offered to organisations external to the Trust
• Drafting of tender documents and coordination of tender process (where applicable)
• Collation and review of contracts, rebate structures and service level agreements
The ideal candidate for the position will need to have good attention to detail, be willing to work under their own initiative and take ownership of tasks.
If you are have advanced experience in Microsoft Access and are a team player who is happy to help out in other departments also please do apply online or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job