Procurement Contract Management Specialist
Your new company
An established UK wide organisation with links to every city and businesses, a provider of solutions, training, guidance and advise with people at the heart of their business
Your new role
Reporting to the Head of Procurement, this specialist role coordinates and delivers procurement and contract management activities in support of the overall business objectives. The incumbent drives business value by shaping and implementing sourcing strategies and developing systems and processes to optimise total cost ownership for assigned spend categories
What you'll need to succeed
- Pro-actively work with departmental budget holders to identify major procurement and contract management opportunities that will enhance profitability within the business.
- Ensuring that contracts are managed effectively in terms of cost, quality and delivery.
- Monitor and report on supplier financial, commercial performance and action contract clauses as required to achieve required outcomes and meet contracted requirements.
- Review and develop the policies and procedures used to govern and administrate all elements of each contract that will provide a robust and effective contract management framework.
- Developing a protocol for ongoing supplier management including the ongoing creation, rationalisation and management of preferred suppliers.
- To manage formal tender processes, for major contracts that will be rolled out across the business that will deliver value and simpler procurement solutions.
- Managing negotiations of contract terms on a range of contracts to achieve value for money.
- Ensuring contracts are completed for all relevant agreements and that service level agreements have been agreed with the relevant business owners.
- To be a role model for pursuing continuous improvement opportunities by building and maintaining innovative culture, encouraging a creative approach, cultivating new ideas and shaping them into pragmatic solutions.
10. Ensure compliance with our company policies so service users and colleagues are protected at all times.
- Understanding of the organisations operational needs for specific categories.
- Relevant experience of managing all aspects of category management, and delivery of quantifiable procurement efficiencies.
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate, construct and manage complex procurement contracts of significant value
- Demonstrated experience of leading and managing collaborative procurement projects
- MCIPS qualified
- Extensive knowledge of varied contract management activities and techniques that meet legislative requirements.
- Able to support the development of supplier performance metrics and contract performance systems utilizing Key Performance Indicators.
- Strategic supplier management experience.
- Sound financial and budgeting experience
- Excellent communication and dealing with key stakeholders
Internal: Senior managers and Directors throughout the organisation, Procurement and Cost Management staff, Procurement Champions, Category Experts.
External: Suppliers, Shareholders Purchasing Departments
What you'll get in return
Excellent rate of pay, and benefits
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job