Procurement Category Specialist £40,000 per annum 6 Month Contract M-F, 37 hours per week
Your new role
The Category Specialist will serve as the Procurement support for the Category Lead and business stakeholders. In this capacity, the individual is responsible for cost savings and value-adding benefit. You will help identify, select, and steward preferred suppliers for the corresponding business partners. The Category Specialist interfaces with business stakeholders to support their project objectives as well as to identify and prioritise cost-savings opportunities.
In addition, this person will respond to supplier service and / or quality issues to mitigate negative impact on the company. The Category Specialist is expected to assist the Global Category Lead to meet or exceed all budget deflation and productivity commitments for business projects.
Key Responsibilities Include;
* Serve as Procurement support for the Category Lead with responsibility for stakeholder project work.
* Interface with business stakeholders to support their project objectives in collaboration with the Category Lead and identify cost-savings and efficiency opportunities.
* Respond to supplier service and / or quality issues to mitigate negative impact on the company.
* Meet or exceed all budget deflation for business projects.
* Monitor and improve existing prices and service levels.
* Conduct Requests for Quotes (tenders); negotiate contracts; use sourcing tools (i.e. bid processes, benchmarks, competitive market data) to drive savings.
What you'll need to succeed
* Experience in purchasing / procurement activities such as tenders, negotiations, and contracts.
* Experienced with principles and procedures related to contract terms and conditions.
* Knowledgeable in bench marking, indexes, and competitive data.
* Experience in working with financial information to develop consensus and buy-in for data-based decisions.
* Demonstrated project management skills with ability to manage multiple projects.
* Strong customer service mindset.
* Strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office Excel and PowerPoint.
* Proven track record in negotiation and prioritisation skills.
* Excellent communication skills. Must be fluent in English.
What you'll get in return
6 month contract with potential for this to be extended
£40,000 per annum (negotiable DOE)
Monday - Friday, 37 hours per week
Free, onsite parking
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
- category management
- supplier management
- cost savings