Reporting to the Procurement and Business Services Lead, the Procurement Category Manager will manage the assigned IT, Telecoms, Finance and Balance categories. The PCM will ensure best value through the creation and implementation of category sourcing strategies and a Supplier Relationship Management (SRM) Framework.Job Description
- 15% company pension contribution (3% from the individual)
- Annual bonus scheme (for permanent roles)
- Private Medical Insurance
- Health Care Cash Plan
- 30 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- Leeds based role, home working available during the current climate.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Producing the appropriate procurement documentation and running an end-to-end procurement process, securing buy-in from all stakeholder parties to ensure the strategic goals and objectives in all stages of the procurement (and delivery) cycle are achieved.
- Applying a disciplined Supplier Relationship Management (SRM) Framework including assessment of supplier performance and strong supply chain governance.
- Deliver program agility for the Digital & Change Team (D&C), Finance and wider business that leverages the capabilities of suppliers, ensuring effective supply chain due diligence.
- Support the delivery of the Finance strategy and contribute to the development and delivery of the Digital & Change (D&C) strategy to plan, cost and quality.
- Develop relevant processes and systems to improve working practice to provide continuous improvement for the MPS Group.
- Ensure compliance, continuous improvement and value for money and enable the delivery of a sustainable and adaptable MPS Finance, Procurement and D&C strategy both in the UK and internationally.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join MPS in a newly created senior level role. The successful candidate will have the ability really make a measurable impact on the organisation as a whole, improving the way that we engage with suppliers and reducing our spend.The Ideal Candidate
This role requires a candidate who can demonstrate a high level of knowledge, competency and previous experience from a procurement environment. The following factors are what we will be looking for:
- CIPS - MCIPS qualification (or equivalent)
- Detailed knowledge of EU and UK procurement legislation, supplier and contract management.
- The ability to mentor and provide commercial guidance to relevant category colleagues and wider stakeholders
- Detailed understanding of Contract Law and terms and conditions of Contract.
- Analytical skills and strong commercial acumen.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to engage and challenge at all levels; strong influencing skills coupled with tenacity and resilience.
- Significant Category Management experience and outstanding strategic sourcing and contract management expertise
- Strong background in managing and co-ordinating the delivery of a category strategies.
- Experience of developing and maintaining procurement activity.
In return we can offer a fantastic working environment, excellent benefits and the ability to grow and develop in the role. Full details of the role can be found on the role profile on our careers page.
Due to the urgency of this role we may commence interviews prior to the advertised closing date.
?About The Company
Medical Protection Society (MPS) is the world’s leading protection organisation for doctors, dentists and healthcare professionals. We protect and support the professional interests of more than 300,000 members around the world, in countries as diverse as the United Kingdom, South Africa and Hong Kong.
We strive to be much more than a last line of defence by being at our members’ side at every step, offering support, advice and world-class defence. Membership provides access to expert advice and support together with the right to request indemnity for complaints or claims arising from professional practice.
We continue to invest in our team to ensure that we are delivering the best possible service for members. This was recognised in 2016 when we were awarded an Investors in People Silver award.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'