Procurement Category Manager | Shropshire | £Competitive 6 months FTC
Seymour John are excited to be exclusively recruiting for a Category Manager to support the Group Procurement function for a leading multi-national FMCG business based in Shropshire. This is a 6 month Fixed Term Contract, and we are looking for an experienced individual to manage and take ownership of the defined area of spend, to increase the profitability of the business by procuring fit for purpose materials, services and capital equipment at the most competitive cost. This is a fantastic opportunity for the successful candidate to join a highly reputable business and create added value and positive impact across the Group.
- Create and present recommendations, taking in to consideration the requirements, challenging where necessary and ensuring alignment to guarantee the decision-making process is followed.
- Ensure input into budget planning and the reforecasting process with detailed process data, considering the operational budget process and material planning, before consolidating and reviewing the % changes by category.
- Create Customer engagement within Business Units where Procurement is an integral member of the Business Unit.
- Develop and communicate reporting packs for external market evaluation & to increase category expertise and business knowledge.
- Act as an escalation point and manage resolution for continuity of supply chain / quality issues for the Business Units.
- Ensure the forecast and budget process is managed accurately and verify comments / market rationale, identifying key drivers and potential measures to mitigate.
- Present key insight to the key stakeholders covering market insight to ensure effective planning and decision making.
- Ensure continuous observation, analysis and evaluation of the procurement market (suppliers, prices, capacity, etc.), providing expertise to recommend the appropriate operational and strategic decisions to align with agreed objectives with the Business Units, Service functions and Group Executive Board.
- Support new product launches within the Business Units.
- Ensure procurement policy, processes and spend compliance rules are in place for the categories.
- Manage the Category strategy to ensure that we achieve the BEST quality, service and cost.
- Create and implement category strategies for key spend areas aligned with the Business Units and Group service functions.
- Carry out detailed spend analysis; understand the requirements of the business to identify priorities for our strategic plans which feed in to the budget.
- Develop and strategically manage a robust international supply base to ensure they deliver best quality, service, cost; creating new initiatives to drive competitiveness and continual improvement.
- Search, selection and qualification of suppliers
- Conduct contracts, framework agreements or contract appendices (with key performance indicators & service level agreements) based on defined GPR standards and Business needs, with support of GLC.
- Support the Balanced Supplier Scorecard programme to analyse supplier performance and ensure we have in place key metrics alongside action plans with suppliers to improve performance.
- Utilize Category expertise to identify and recommend innovation / continual improvement opportunities alongside key stakeholders.
- Identify and drive value creation opportunities from market intelligence and the supply base, managing performance against target and implementation timelines (through savings trackers reported to the business).
- Support GPR with specialist knowledge for process and system improvements
- Customer Procurement Category management experience essential
- Experience of fast paced FMCG manufacturing and retail desirable
- Experience of Group Procurement
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Strong communication & interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical skills & problem-solving capability
- Strong team player
- Keen desire to support change & to drive improvement
- Flexible, resilient & challenging
For further information, please contact Aman Dhinsa
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'